Meet Drew Daywalt’s Boogieman, ‘The Hurting Man’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Drew Daywalt’s Boogieman, ‘The Hurting Man’

Horror writer/director Drew Daywalt, who has directed a wide variety of genre films that include Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things, Bedfellows and “Death Valley,” has just inked a deal with producer Eric B. Fleischman of EBF Productions (Ritual) to direct the horror feature The Hurting Man, Bloody Disgusting exclusively learned. The film is based on Daywalt’s script.

Indie horror luminary Larry Fessenden (Habit, The Last Winter, The House of the Devil, Stake Land) is attached as Executive Producer.

“The Hurting Man follows the story of a police officer who tragically finds his family murdered after a failed 911 call and now must work to save their souls from a demonic boogieman haunting his childhood home.”

Film goes into production this fall.

“I wrote this script and kept it close to my chest,” says Daywalt adding, “because this one was written from my own worst terrors, both as a parent of small children, and also tapping into my own childhood fears of a hideously costumed boogieman. This one’s going to scare the hell out of everyone. I promise. I can say that because it really scares me, and I’m letting my fear guide me on this one.”

Says Fessenden, “There’s a certain kind of genuinely terrifying old-school-campfire scare that Daywalt gets right in his Fear Factory gems and I can’t wait to see him nail those chills in a long form film.”

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X