Flatliners To Be Remade By Dragon Tattoo Director Niels Arden Oplev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatliners To Be Remade By Dragon Tattoo Director Niels Arden Oplev

The director of the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo films, Niels Arden Oplev, is set to develop a modern day remake of the classic 1990 Joel Schumacher film Flatliners, which starred Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, and William Baldwin.

This is one of the few films Schumacher has made in his career that I absolutely love! Flatliners was such an awesome movie. I actually just watched it again recently, and was reminded of how great this movie is. If you haven't seen it yet, you should most definitely check it out!

I can't say I'm too excited about it getting remade, but Oplev is a solid director, and it will be interesting to see what his vision of the story will be.

The story follows a group of friends and colleagues who subject themselves to near-death experiences in order to get a glimpse of the afterlife. After doing so the members of the group are haunted by physical manifestations of childhood sins. They aren't sure if what they are facing is real or hallucination. It's such a great concept!

The director just finished shooting the pilot of Steven Spielberg and Stephen King's Under the Dome, and he has a great looking new film coming out soon called Dead Man Down.

What do you think about Oplev directing a remake of Flatliners?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X