Same Mendes Will Not Direct Bond 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Mendes Will Not Direct Bond 24

As you all know, Sam Mendes did an awesome job reviving the James Bond franchise with Skyfall, and I was really hoping that he'd come back for Bond 24. At one point it looked like he was going to do it! But he recently told Empire Magazine that he's decided not to take it on, which is a little disappointing. But, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

It has been a very difficult decision not to accept Michael and Barbara’s (Producers) very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie. Directing Skyfall was one of the best experiences of my professional life, but I have theatre and other commitments, including productions of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and King Lear, that need my complete focus over the next year and beyond.

It would have been awesome to see him come back for the next James Bond film, but it doesn't mean he won't come back for a future installment. Producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli didn’t rule out the possibility of working with the director again.

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Sam, he directed our most successful Bond movie ever, Skyfall. We would have loved to have made the next film with him, but completely respect his decision to focus on other projects and hope to have the opportunity to collaborate with him again.

Mendes felt the same way adding,

I feel very honored to have been part of the Bond family, and very much hope I have a chance to work with them again sometime in the future.

So it sounds like there's a good chance that Mendes will come back for another Bond movie when he has the time. The filmmaker is also currently working with Skyfall co-writer John Logan on a new psychosexual horror series on Showtime called Penny Dreadful. As for Logan, he's also writing the next two Bond movies.

So who do you think would make a good director for Bond 24?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X