Ryan Reynolds On Deadpool Script Being Nearly NC-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Reynolds On Deadpool Script Being Nearly NC-17

While doing the press rounds for his new animated film The Croods, Ryan Reynolds is also answering questions about that long awaited Deadpool movie that's probably never going to happen.

Zombieland screenwriters Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese have already turned in a script and the last we heard Tim Miller was attached to direct the movie.

Reynolds gives another update on the film project when he was a guest on the Empire Podcast. There's a lot of interesting stuff he reveals that makes me really want to see this version of Deadpool get made. It sounds like a Deadpool movie that Deadpool would want to see get made.

I love Deadpool and there is a script that’s in development. But it’s so, so far into the R-rated zone… it’s a nearly NC-17 world and I just don’t know if the studio would ever risk their reputation doing it. We’ve been developing it and we would never wanna do it unless you could it that R-rated way, so... You could do it for a pittance compared to the modern sort of epic scale superhero movies, but it’s about a guy who knows he’s in a movie and knows he’s in a comic book who is deeply mentally disturbed and hyper violent, and that’s tough to get by a studio.

The studio should just freakin' do it! This is the movie that fans want to see. He goes on to talk about one of the scenes that could be featured in the film, and it basically adresses the stupid-ass version of Deadpool that we saw in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which pissed a lot of fans off:

In the current iteration of the script, it doesn’t address Wolverine, though it does address Deadpool’s appearance in Wolverine. Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that. The script is one rewrite away from Deadpool jumping across the desk at the studio executive and attacking him.

That would be so awesome to see! It's perfect, and it's exactly something Deadpool would do. As much as I'd love to see this movie happen, lets face it... FOX probably isn't going to do this Deadpool project. Empire brings up the possibility of doing a Kickstarter to which Reynolds replied,

I’ve always wanted to do the movie just if only because Deadpool would get to do his own movie trailer, so that’s a thing that we were dying to do and we would love to be a part of that.

Maybe one day FOX will make a Deadpool movie, but it'll probably be a watered down PG-13 film which doesn't fit the character of Deadpool at all. I would however be happily shocked if they do decide to finally move forward with this current script!
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X