Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Wes Craven Want to Remake Shocker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Wes Craven Want to Remake Shocker?

There was a spell where it looked like Wes Craven was going to start remaking a lot of his older films. He wouldn't serve as a director, but as a producer - much like The Last House on the Left.

A few titles Craven had in mind: The People Under the Stairs and Shocker.

Of course, neither of those remakes came to fruition, but that doesn't mean Craven can't stop talking about the prospect of rebooting either of those titles, especially Shocker (are you reading, Brian Collins?).

Craven tells Crave:

"I’d like to redo Shocker just to get the special effects right because we had a real special effects disaster on the film. The guy who was doing all the visual effects kind of flamed out, had a nervous breakdown because he was attempting more than he could actually do. When he told us towards the end of the movie that not a single one of the special effects was actually working, he was working on a new technique, my son’s job specifically became just to find all the negative. It was all around town in unmarked boxes and under people’s editing [benches]. It was a nightmare itself. We pulled every favor in town to get all those special effects done very quickly and some of them are pretty sketchy."

I remember that movie. The special effects were just weird but its still a classic compared to the shit they put out nowadays

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X