Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Dead Reboot Continues To Reap Rewards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead Reboot Continues To Reap Rewards!

The 2013 remake of The Evil Dead has divided our community but there is no denying it has been a huge success. I am a traditionalist so as much as I enjoyed the remake for what it was I will be honest in saying I wish it had a different name. For me there is only one Evil Dead and that must have Ash played by Bruce Campbell leading the way.

There is no flexibility for me on this in the same way that Kurt Russell is the only one who can play Snake Plissken.

That said legions of old school horror fans and brand younger fans have made Evil Dead a monster success for SONY and the films producers which include Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. Evil Dead (2013) according to RENTRAK has made $73,765,000 and that my friends is some staggering dollars.

The remake of Evil Dead had a budget of $17million so the fact it has brought in almost $74 million assures that all the sequel talk will be much more then just talk. The question is do fans want to see another Evil Dead?

I am certainly not against more but I would much rather see Sam Raimi and crew do an Army of Darkness sequel and bring Bruce Campbell back as an older, weathered hero who has one last battle with the Necronomicron and the Army of the Dead.

I am thinking Peter Jackson style action sequences with Bruce Campbell’s clever wit and Sam Raimi’s sharp writing.

As far as the sequel goes we found out in March that Fedez Alvarez is indeed working on writing a sequel. There is no real indication on where the story will take us. The big bomb shell dropped at the end of March was that the Evil Dead sequel would be tied to an Army of Darkness sequel and or reboot which would definitely see Bruce Campbell return as Ash.

Now that my friends is some exciting news! Up for more Evil Dead?

I still need to see this.

Comment

well i can only enjoy the OG series, as you said, with Raimi and of course Bruce "shop smart, shop s mart"

with a title like FT13th it is a way easier because of that hokey mask and no words spoken, but in the ED series you need Bruce proverbs or it isnt worthy.
      they want to milk ideas from classics over and over again but a good optics and effects dont mean it is a good movie, which can build on that series and stay everlasting.

a complete different name and non direkctly reference to the OG series would be better for longer time.
      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Bruce is old as hell, sry but he cant play such a role anymore

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by WesleyPipes View Post

if so, then you need someone who can replace him but with the same slaptstick and not this trimmed shocking movie without any humor/dept. i think this is one of the key points of the OG series. hard as hell but with such humor and slapstick elements.
          collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

This movie is a classic and legendary. It needs sequels to keep going on and on and create more history !

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
              The 2013 remake of The Evil Dead has divided our community but there is no denying it has been a huge success. I am a traditionalist so as much as I enjoyed the remake for what it was I will be honest in saying I wish it had a different name. For me there is only one Evil Dead and that must have Ash played by Bruce Campbell leading the way.

There is no flexibility for me on this in the same way that Kurt Russell is the only one who can play Snake Plissken.

That said legions of old school horror fans and brand younger fans have made Evil Dead a monster success for SONY and the films producers which include Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. Evil Dead (2013) according to RENTRAK has made $73,765,000 and that my friends is some staggering dollars.

The remake of Evil Dead had a budget of $17million so the fact it has brought in almost $74 million assures that all the sequel talk will be much more then just talk. The question is do fans want to see another Evil Dead?

I am certainly not against more but I would much rather see Sam Raimi and crew do an Army of Darkness sequel and bring Bruce Campbell back as an older, weathered hero who has one last battle with the Necronomicron and the Army of the Dead.

I am thinking Peter Jackson style action sequences with Bruce Campbell’s clever wit and Sam Raimi’s sharp writing.

As far as the sequel goes we found out in March that Fedez Alvarez is indeed working on writing a sequel. There is no real indication on where the story will take us. The big bomb shell dropped at the end of March was that the Evil Dead sequel would be tied to an Army of Darkness sequel and or reboot which would definitely see Bruce Campbell return as Ash.

Now that my friends is some exciting news! Up for more Evil Dead?
              I would hope there'd be no Peter Jackson-style action sequences. I'd much prefer Raimi-style action sequences, thank you, than the weak overly CGI'd PJ crap. :P After seeing 'The Hobbit' I would like to see Peter Jackson never make another film again. What a goddamn dog that film was. Awful, just awful.

You know what would be super cool? An Army Of Darkness sequel up on Kickstarter! Get Bruce Campbell up in there and I'd will sell my entire 18th-century pickled embryo collection to help back it! I DEMAND IT BE SO.
              Last edited by coughdrops; 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM.
              It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by WesleyPipes View Post

You've got Clint Eastwood in your avatar, you should know that old fuckers can still be badasses. The character of Ash also does not need to be a hyper-toned 20-yr-old superhero. Having Bruce play him at his age would make for a more interesting film than a reboot/remake with a new young actor--by muthafucking far! Also, he's only 54! Tom Cruise is around that age and he's still doing profitable action flicks, not that Evil Dead are action flicks, but still.
                It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by Panfruit View Post
                  I would hope there'd be no Peter Jackson-style action sequences. I'd much prefer Raimi-style action sequences, thank you, than the weak overly CGI'd PJ crap. :P After seeing 'The Hobbit' I would like to see Peter Jackson never make another film again. What a goddamn dog that film was. Awful, just awful.

You know what would be super cool? An Army Of Darkness sequel up on Kickstarter! Get Bruce Campbell up in there and I'd will sell my entire 18th-century pickled embryo collection to help back it! I DEMAND IT BE SO.
                  yea myself i dont think peter jackson has any place in horror films this was the opinion of the person on where i got the post from i dint mind hobbit though but it was nothing compared to the lotr series

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X