Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could “The Rock” Be The New ‘Terminator’?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could “The Rock” Be The New ‘Terminator’?!

According to Examiner, Paramount Pictures’ newly acquired The Terminator franchise is taking a major swing at the fences to kick off a new franchise. How will they achieve this? The same way Sony hopes to pass the torch to a new group of Ghostbusters…

The site reports that Terminator 5 may actually be a prequel of sorts: “Incredibly, Arnold Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family.

“One theory is that Schwarzenegger’s remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today’s standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination,” adds the site.

So who would replace Schwarzenegger as the near-perfect killing machine? How about Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson? You guys cool with that? I mean, why the hell not, right? He’s one of the few WWE wrestlers to make a legitimate leap from the ring to film, and I’m 100% behind this concept.

The film is being produced by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures as well as David Ellison’s Skydance Productions. Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are writing the script for the fifth film.

Ah, no. i dont want them to ruin it

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X