Jeff Wadlow Says His X-Force Will Be "Edgier"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Wadlow Says His X-Force Will Be "Edgier"

Now that Kick-Ass 2 is completed and ready to be released in theaters, director Jeff Wadlow is spending his time writing that X-Force movie for FOX that he'll also direct. In a interview with Bleeding Cool, Wadlow explains that it will explore the "grey areas" in the series, he will make it edgier, and he hopes that fans of the comic will be happy with what he ends up doing.

"I’m very deep into it. I can’t really say much as Fox has asked me not to but, again, it’s not a reboot or reimagining of the X cinematic universe. Tonally it will fit in, quite well with all the other movies… but then I think the other movies cover a wide range of tones. It’s certainly not going to be tonally similar to Kick-Ass.

I hope it will have what fans of X-Force will expect. I think it will be a little edgier, I think you’ll see some characters with different takes on what it means to be a mutant. There will be some grey areas that the movies haven’t yet been explored. It won’t be as 'overt.' This movie is more about the grey areas in between.

I’m going to take some big ideas from the X-universe and flip them, I think in an interesting way. It’s hard to talk about that, though, without being specific. I probably shouldn’t have even talked about that at all because I can’t get into the specifics but I will say it’s similar to Kick-Ass 2 in that it wasn’t an open assignment, it wasn’t 'We’re going to make an X-Force movie, who’s interested? Here’s what the movie’s going to be.'

He goes on to explian how the film project came about, and that the studio is excited about his vision.

"When Mark [Millar] got the job with Fox I said 'The first movie you guys should make is an X-Force movie and here’s how you should do it.' And that got him excited, and that got the studio excited and that’s the movie I’m writing."

This movie might be the next time we see Deadpool on the big screen. It will be interesting to see if they get Hugh Jackman to reprise his role as Wolverine in the film.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X