Eric Bress Tackles Biblical Plagues in “Testament”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Bress Tackles Biblical Plagues in “Testament”

Open Road Films has snatched up the US rights to distribute Eric Bress’ upcoming film, “Testament.” Bress might be best known in the horror community for directing and writing the “The Butterfly Effect” and for writing the screen play for “The Final Destination” and “Final Destination 2.” This next film will both be written and directed by Bress

Deadline has the exclusive on the story and reports that the film is a supernatural thriller about “a prestigious boarding school in a remote part of Texas and revolves around a science teacher and his students who are forced to fight for their lives when the Ten Plagues of the Old Testament descend not only on the town, but the entire world. It starts with blood filling the school’s swimming pool — as fast as it fills rivers, lakes and oceans worldwide — and that is followed by frogs, lice, wild animals, pestilence, boils, hail, locusts, darkness and death of the first born.”

No casting announcements have been made yet, but that’s too be expected as the film won’t start shooting until March of 2014. Open Road then plans to release the film in the early part of 2015.

While the film is making me think of another film with a similar theme, “The Reaping”, I’m still intrigued by it thanks to the talent behind the camera. I thought “The Butterfly Effect” was a decent twist on the time traveling story and Bress’ Final Destination films were very strong entries in the franchise. It’ll be interesting to see what he’s learned in his time away from the director’s chair and how he’ll apply it to this film.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X