Will Smith Could Come Back For Independence Day Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Smith Could Come Back For Independence Day Sequel

Independence Day director Roland Emmerich has said several times that Will Smith will not be involved in the sequel he is currently developing. But it looks like he's starting to change his tune. In a recent interview with Digital Spy, Emmerich says that he has planned a meeting with the actor to discuss the possibility of his return.

"I sometimes say no, Will Smith will not be in it because he didn't want to do it at first. Now we have a meeting planned, we want to talk about it again. Anything can happen."

It was previously revealed that the next two movies would be called ID Forever - Part 1 and ID Forever - Part 2. They would take place 20 years after the first film, and here's a little rundown of the plot that Emmerich gave in a previous interview,

"The humans knew that one day the aliens would come back, and they know that the only way you can really travel in space is through wormholes. So for the aliens, it could take two or three weeks, but for us that’s 20 or 25 years. It’s a changed world. It’s like parallel history. [Humans] have harnessed all this alien technology. We don’t know how to duplicate it because it’s organically-grown technology, but we know how to take an antigravity device and put it in a human airplane."

It was also explained at the time that the storylines will focus on a new generation of human heroes, which will include the stepson of Smith’s Independence Day character. He says that "it’s still some of the same characters, but also new younger characters; it’s a little bit like the sons take over."

There's no word on who else will star in the film, but it sounds like Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum could also return.

Do you think Smith needs to be in the sequel for it to be successful?

You just know he'll shoehorn one of his awful kids into it. Not worth it!
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Comment

oh fck yes.... i am a big fan of the original film! im glad they are doing a sequel and i would love to see most people come back or if not just not have their characters in the movie.... i hate when the same characters are played by different actors.... totally annoying..

Comment

So first he prices himself out of it ($50 million is what was quoted) and now since his film with jaden flopped ( what was it called? After earth or something) and now he desperately wants to get back to this movie lol

Comment

original characters sometimes can make it a better movie i find if its a sequel

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X