Pirates of The Carribean 5 - Plot Details Emerge Release Date Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of The Carribean 5 - Plot Details Emerge Release Date Moves

Disney has moved the release date of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales from the summer of 2015 to the summer of 2016. The reason for the delay is to make sure that the script right. It's currently being written by Jeff Nathanson, and it's being directed by the amazingly talented directors of Kon-Tiki, Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg.

Thanks to Bleeding Cool, we also have a few possible plot details from the fifth installment of the franchise. The script is still in progress, so some of the details revealed are subject to change. Here's the site's description of what they know.

First of all, there’s going to be a new female lead, a sparring partner for Jack Sparrow. She’s nothing like him, mind you – despite being suspected of witchcraft, she’s actually a woman of science. Expect some sexual chemistry, but also expect it to be a touch one sided…

There’s more to her character, but the best stuff is very spoilery.

As for witches, they’re central to whole conceit. There are some other, actual witches involved. If Tia Dalma, from the second and third films, makes another appearance, it’s a minor one but it’ll be very easy to leave her out. These new witches have somewhat less of a hoodoo flavouring.

Keeping up the supernatural flavour, there’s also going to be a ghost in a leading role. It’s this character, a former member of the British military now sided with Barbossa on a revenge mission, that gives the film its title.

And just in case you miss the other half of the equation, the dripping wet Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley roles, they’ll this time go to a couple of pretty young Brits from farming families. They’re pure subplot fodder, however, and if anything gets the chop it will be these two.

I can tell you that the film starts with a rather awkward wedding and climaxes with a riff on the myth of the Bermuda Triangle.

All in all, it seems to be just the sort of thing you’d expect from a Pirates movie.

There's a good chance this will be a great movie. I normally wouldn't be excited about another Pirates film, but I'm sold on the directors the studio brought on to develop it, and I have faith that they won't deliver a crappy movie. I honestly think that this could end up being the best movie in the franchise.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X