Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Radcliffe Offered Role of Freddy Mercury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Radcliffe Offered Role of Freddy Mercury?

A couple of months ago Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out of the Freddie Mercury biopic due to creative differences. Now it looks like producers and investors have set their sights on a new actor to take on the role, and that actor is Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe. I'll be honest, I would have never thought of Radcliffe, and it's still hard for me to see. The The Daily Star reports that the actor has been offered the role though, and their source claims,

"Daniel has been told the part is his if he wants it. Despite his youth, Daniel impressed movie bosses with his portrayal of gay poet Allen Ginsburg in this year’s movie Kill Your Darlings. Plus, he’s closer in height to Freddie than Sacha, who’s much taller. Daniel can really sing, too."

Peter Morgan (Frost/Nixon, The Queen) is writing the script which deals with the lead up to Queen's iconic performance at the Live Aid concert in 1985. David Fincher and
    Les Miserables director Tom Hooper were both up to direct the project but neither of them are attached to it now.

What do you think of Radcliffe taking on the role of Freddie Mercury?

It may sound like a caveman question, but who is Freddy Mercury, the dude from Queen??
    The US govt. is mind fu**ing the shit out of you thru media, but you don't mind as long as you are 'Accepted'.

---Get the knowledge from Dick Gregory.---

Comment

not really into the freddie music but its a shame Sacha Baron Cohen dropped out..

Comment

Originally posted by El Charro View Post
        It may sound like a caveman question, but who is Freddy Mercury, the dude from Queen??
        yes.

"Daniel can sing too"
        now that's a bad start

Sent from my Optimus 2x using Tapatalk
        www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
        www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
        www.facebook.com/LilProphet
        www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

This idea is very very frightening me.
          It make homos game at females.

Comment

i know queen songs but was never a fan or listened to them so whether he plays the part or not don't matter to me but he might be able to play the role ya never know some people really get into character

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X