Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will The New 'Friday The 13th' Be Found Footage? It's Not Certain... Yet

Back in June we reported that Platinum Dunes, the production company behind the 2009 remake, is partnering with Paramount for a followup to their version Friday The 13th.

While Sean S. Cunningham reported last month that the follow-up would not be a direct sequel to the remake (an installment I personally really like), there’s a lot of talk today on the web about the potential for this installment to be found footage. We’ve been hearing rumblings about this here at BD for a while, from multiple sources at different times. And while it’s true that the idea is being considered… nothing is written in stone. It’s all talk right now. And since it’s all talk… perhaps the conversation will change?

Hey, I understand the impulse – it’s a good way to make a movie that will have a great return on investment. Low budget, brand name, do the math. Personally, as a fan, I don’t feel this is the right way to go. Friday The 13th 2009 still made money with a $91 Million worldwide gross and subsequent Blu-ray/DVD sales on a (reported) $19 Million budget (though I hear it could have been closer to 30).

Personally, I feel like traditional photography is the only way to go on these things. Half the reason I go to an F13 is for that nostalgic kick of seeing teens killed in an idyllic, peaceful setting. That all goes away with POV. My two cents would be to suggest making the thing at a safe budget of $10-$15 million and really knocking it out of the park by giving the fans what they want. And I’m not sure the fans want this.

As fans of Friday The 13th what do YOU want?

no more fucking remakes of any movie
    Originally Posted by Crusty

other boards dropped exclusive songs and videos but nothing here from the people whom have tons of exclusive stuff?
    i`m confused

Comment

^ Yea the remakes are getting worse. I like the older film style from 80's . Not this new digital clear crap and cgi

Comment

I'm hoping for an Area-51 Found Footage type of movie. That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
          I'm hoping for an Area-51 Found Footage type of movie. That would be awesome.
          Will never happen. The goverment wouldnt even acknowledge its existance until recently. I know people who worked out at nellis air force base before and anytime I bring up area 51 they go silent or say they never heard of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
            Will never happen. The goverment wouldnt even acknowledge its existance until recently. I know people who worked out at nellis air force base before and anytime I bring up area 51 they go silent or say they never heard of it lol
            Area-51 is very old news and has been known for decades by many insiders that leaked the information. It's only new to people who fully trust anything their government tells them and believe everything they see on TV. It's been dumbed down to the extremes for y'all.

BTW it's a declassification of Area-51. It means UNCOVERING A SECRET that's no longer a SECRET. It's not a recent discovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
              Area-51 is very old news and has been known for decades by many insiders that leaked the information. It's only new to people who fully trust anything their government tells them and believe everything they see on TV. It's been dumbed down to the extremes for y'all.

BTW it's a declassification of Area-51. It means UNCOVERING A SECRET that's no longer a SECRET. It's not a recent discovery.
              bob lazar broke that shit out backn in '89 when the stealth was finished. He claimed he saw bases built into side of mountains with disc shaped aircraft but only thing he saw was the f117 stealth

Comment

i really want a new friday movie especially since this will be the 13th in the series but to do a found footage flick with friday the 13th on your movie anniversary so to speak i don't know.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X