Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Batman vs. Superman’ Finds its Wonder Woman in ‘Fast & Furious’ Actress Gal Gadot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Finds its Wonder Woman in ‘Fast & Furious’ Actress Gal Gadot

Zack Snyder’s upcoming Man of Steel sequel Batman vs. Superman might be introducing a brand new Bruce Wayne in Ben Affleck and setting him up against Henry Cavill’s Superman, but with the main cast sorted out interest soon moved on to the supporting players.

Of these the most prominent is Wonder Woman, who may not have been in her own big-screen adventure yet but could be launched as part of Warner Bros. cinematic DC universe in preparation for a standalone film. Multiple actresses have auditioned for the role, and it seems like everyone has their ideal fan casting.

The time for rumors (these ones, at least) has now come to an end as Deadline reports that newcomer Gal Gadot has been cast in the iconic role. Gadot is best known for her appearances as Gisele in the Fast and Furious franchise, and also starred in James Mangold’s action comedy Knight and Day. Director Zack Snyder made the following statement about the casting choice:

“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

Other actresses who have previously been in talks to play Wonder Woman include Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor), but casting a relatively unknown actor is in line with what Warner Bros. has done before; Cavill himself wasn’t particularly well-known until he became Superman.

Gadot was born and raised in Israel and began her career as a model, serving two years in the Israeli army and even competing in the Miss Universe pageant before eventually moving to Hollywood to become an actress. Speaking in an interview about playing a tough female character like Gisele, Gadot said:

“In real life women are strong, and it should be the same on film. I think that because the men we have in this movie are so strong, tough, clever, intelligent, big – physically really big – I think that it’s a good balance to have us girls in the movie. Girls have a different flavor.”

Batman vs. Superman will be in theaters on July 17, 2015.

Cool to see Wonder Woman is going to be in the film.

Comment

I dont want to see Wonder Woman in this movie only Superman and Batman action!!!
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

Super man is so lame

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
          Super man is so lame
          Man Of Steel was a good movie
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

a bit flat chested to be wonder woman lol

Comment

Man Of Steel imo did justice to the comic. Unlike the 06 version lol. This movie however can't be too good lol. Or maybe it's me getting feed up with all the super hero movies we are feed with the last 10 years or so..

Talk about over kill..
              I ain't choosing sides
              Hell nah,fuck everybody
              It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
              Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
              Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
              I'm bullet proof
              Blazed up on top of my man's roof
              Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
              Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
              It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
              Now did everybody hear me?