Ridiculous Plot Details for THE EXPENDABELLES and Director Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous Plot Details for THE EXPENDABELLES and Director Announced

As most of you already know, The Expendabelles is a female take on Sylvester Stallone's action franchise The Expendables. The movie is being developed over at Millennium Films, and they've hired Robert Luketic to direct the film, which Stallone is also producing. Just so you know, this is the same guy that directed Legally Blonde, 21, The Ugly Truth, Killers, and the incredibly awful film Paranoia. Once you read the ridiculous plot synopsis (via: Deadline) you'll understand why they ended up with this director,

When America’s Navy SEALs are wiped out trying to penetrate the island lair of a deadly despot who has captured one of the world’s top nuclear scientists, it becomes clear that there is no such thing as the right man for the job and that this is a mission so impossible that only women can handle it. The only way in: some of the world’s deadliest female operatives must pose as high-class call-girls shipped in by private plane to satisfy a dictator–and instead save the scientist and the day.

This synopsis makes me want to palm-slap myself in the face. Why in the hell is this movie happening again? It sounds like it's going to be absolutely terrible in every possible way. I don't see the point of this film, but maybe it will at least be laughably bad.

I wonder what the final casting for the movie will look like. It was previously reported that Gina Carano and Katie Sackhoff had been cast. There's also been rumors of Meryl Streep (yeah right), Cameron Diaz, Zoe Bell, and Milla Jovovich possibly joining. Other females stars that could be considered are Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Halle Berry, Carrie-Anne Moss, Geena Davis, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Rhona Mitra, Chloe Moretz, Uma Thurman, Lucy Lawless, Angela Bassett, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucy Liu, Pam Grier, and Brigitte Nielsen.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X