Matthew McConaughey on Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew McConaughey on Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

There's still so much that we don't know about Christopher Nolan's Interstellar. Thanks to Matthew McConaughey, the film's star, we can get even more excited about what Nolan is doing. When asked about the movie in a recent interview with Variety, the actor said,

"Here’s what I can tell you. It’s the most ambitious thing he’s ever done. And he’s done some ambitious stuff."

That's a pretty bold statement, especially when think about what the director has given us with Inception and the Dark Knight trilogy. McConaughey went on to talk about how he was cast:

"He came up to me and said, ‘Mud. I love that movie.’ [Later] I sat down with him for about 2½ hours at his house. Not one word came up about Interstellar. I walked out not sure what to think. I mean, he’s not a guy who takes general meetings."

He also talked about working with Nolan, saying:

"There’s no fucking around on set. He’s a great problem solver. In that way, he’s very indie. Here’s a guy who could have whatever budget he wants — and we finished shooting early."

The first teaser trailer for the movie hardly gave us anything. I love that it managed to keep everything shrouded in mystery but still keep us excited. I hope all of the trailers released are like that. I would love if the studio was able to keep a huge chunk of the film a secret. The movie is set to be released on November 7th, 2014, and I'm sure we'll get another trailer soon.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X