Green Lantern Writer Working on Prometheus 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Writer Working on Prometheus 2

Who would have ever thought that the first “Prometheus” would have been divisive as it was? On paper it seemed like a fantastic movie and then that first trailer just blew everyone away. However, the final product stirred up quite a debate on the internet and left more than one fan with a sour taste in their mouth.

Now there’s a chance to tackle the issues the original “Prometheus” might have suffered from. The Wrap has learned that a new writer is boarding the upcoming sequel. Micheal Green, who worked on the recent “Green Lantern” film and is writing Ridley Scott’s new “Blade Runner” flick, has been tapped to handle the writing duties on the upcoming sequel.

The Wrap has also learned a few details from an insider close to the project who says that the new film will be closer in tone to the “Alien” films and will be more of a terrifying experience. They’ve also learned that Micheal Fassbender might serve a bigger role in the film as there could be multiple Davids featured throughout. No word on what that means, but since David was an android it’s easy to see how there could be multiples of him.

“Prometheus 2″ is expected to start shooting this fall after Ridley finishes work on his upcoming Moses film “Exodus.”

One of the best sci-fi movies ever made. Can't wait for the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
      Cant tell if you're being sarcastic or serious lol

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
        Cant tell if you're being sarcastic or serious lol
        Can't tell the same for your SIG either lol

Comment

i just dont understand why they couldnt of got a real old man to play the old man in the first one, not a guy in a suit haha

I Know Death Follows Me
          But
          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Comment

never seen any of the alien films before Prometheus.... i had no idea it had anything to do with the alien series at all before i watched it... until the end.. then that made me go back and watch all of the other alien films and that answered some questions i had...

i cant wait for a second one!!

Comment

i havent seen any of the alien movies as of yet. ive seen alien vs predator though, which has me curious, what is better, predator or alien?

I Know Death Follows Me
                But
                I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Alot of people have mixed feelings about the first prometheus. I enjoyed it alot tho with the whole concept of life.

Comment

alien is same level as predator they both were the shit in the 80s 90s.

prometheus was just good coze it was official, and therefore another part to the original alien movie. but the movie was mhh solala.
                    He was a nice middle class nigga
                    But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
                    Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
                      never seen any of the alien films before Prometheus.... i had no idea it had anything to do with the alien series at all before i watched it... until the end.. then that made me go back and watch all of the other alien films and that answered some questions i had...

i cant wait for a second one!!
                      The entire Prometheus Franchise is a prequel to the 1st original alien movie from 1979. Can't wait for a second one too !!
                      Last edited by Hard2Kill; 03-29-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

The upcoming sequel of Prometheus is going to be the remake of the 1st alien movie.
                        who told ya that

Comment

Originally posted by Billy The Kid View Post
                          who told ya that
                          Sorry made a mistake. I meant to say the entire Prometheus franchise is a prequel set 30 years before the first original alien movie.

This means any sequel we see from Prometheus is still a prequel to Alien.

Read below:
                          The 'Alien' Timeline. Most stories that focus on alien life and space technology are set in the future, and Alien is no exception. Peter Weyland, a famed English-born billionaire known for curing cancer by the time he was 25, created a company known as Weyland Industries. In 2093, this company funded a mysterious mission into deep space with a spacecraft known as Prometheus, which sets the scene for Ridley Scott's latest movie, as noted by CinemaBlend.com.

Fast-forward 30 years, and another mission is launched, this time with a ship called the Nostromo. This is a mining vehicle en route to Earth when plans go awry as an unknown signal is intercepted. The team decides to investigate, with only one survivor in tow, creating the story for the film Alien. In 2179, after being frozen for 57 years, the sole survivor warns of the mysterious organism she encountered, and she is recruited for another mission back to its original habitat, where her crew died years ago.
                          Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/prometheus-al...trailer-702093

Comment

Sorry made a mistake. I meant to say the entire Prometheus franchise is a prequel set 30 years before the first original alien movie.

This means any sequel we see from Prometheus is still a prequel to Alien.

Read below:

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/prometheus-al...trailer-702093
                            In some interviews Ridley Scott said prometheus wasn't a prequel at all that the only connection between prometheus and alien is that its the same world or something lol but I'd say it was a prequel in some form

Comment

oh man stop to talk if someone dont know shit.....i mean ridley said he makes 3 prometheus movies so they all pre to the original movies. OMG some just talk to throw words out.
                              He was a nice middle class nigga
                              But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
                              Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X