MPCA Wants to Reboot Pumpkinhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPCA Wants to Reboot Pumpkinhead

“Pumpkinhead” has been a long neglected stepchild of the horror genre. It’s been about seven years since someone last touched the franchise, but it looks like ol’ Pumpkinhead is finally going to get some love.

The Tracking Board is reporting that production company MPCA is looking to reboot the horror franchise with a new film. Details are scarce right now, with Tracking Board being the only one reporting on the news, but we’ve reached out to MPCA to see if we can get any word on the project.

The last Pumpkinhead feature was a straight-to-tv release called “Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud” that aired in 2007. I have to admit that I never saw that one, but Wikipedia says it’s the best of the three sequels. And, really, why would Wikipedia lie to me?

I have to wonder, though, what does “Pumpkinhead” mean to people now? Is it remembered fondly? Do people want another film about that character? What’s the general consensus among our readers? Let us know, I’m curious to see if “Pumpkinhead” is ripe for the reboot treatment or if he should be left buried in the film vault.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X