​Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Creator Not a Fan of New Movie Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Creator Not a Fan of New Movie Makeover

The comic creator who helped give Leo, Mike, Raph and Don their iconic looks isn't too sure about the human-like mouths and noses that they'll be sporting in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

Peter Laird—who helped give birth to the Turtles along with Kevin Eastman back in 1984—gave an interview to Comic Book Movie about the Michael Bay-produced reboot, where he was critical in a relatively gentle way:

…the changes to the basic design of the Turtles seemed to me to fall into the "fixing what is not broken" category. It's altogether possible that, in the context of this new movie, these designs will work well and not seem so odd, but I still point to what Jim Henson's "Creature Shop" team did with their rendering of the Turtles in rubber and paint as the best translation (in live action, anyway) of the Turtles as Kevin Eastman and I created them.

…one of the big problems (for me, anyway) with the new look created for the upcoming movie — with those noses and very expressive lips, their faces look too human. Perhaps it is just my own personal preference, but the "noseless beak" look for the Turtles which Kevin and I used in all of our comics, and in pretty much all of the licensed material during the Mirage days (and which was really there from the very beginning, when Kevin drew that first "ninja turtle") is, in my opinion, a great way to immediately show that these guys are not human — they're mutated reptiles. Creatures.

I agree, the new Turtles look too human!
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

they look f**kin Stupid

they should do this look instead

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X