PREDATOR Reboot to be Directed by Shane Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PREDATOR Reboot to be Directed by Shane Black

Iron Man 3 director Shane Black has surprisingly come on board to write and direct a new Predator reboot for 20th Century Fox! Black also directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and wrote the Lethal Weapon movies and Monster Squad.

If Black wasn't on board the project I'd probably be pissed off that the movie was going to get remade again. Back in 2010, Robert Rodriguez made Predators, which was an ok film, but it didn't blow me away. It could have been way better. I'd like to think that Black is going to give us the badass Predator movie that fans expect and deserve.

Black was actually asked to help out with the original script back in 1986, but he turned it down. THR gave the story of how that all went down:

"The studio and producers wanted him to polish the script for Predator, which was then in pre-production. Black turned it down. A few weeks later, they approached him again. Once more, Black said no. Another few weeks went by, and then the studio called again. This time, however, he was told there was a small role in the movie and asked whether he would like to have it. Black said yes. When he arrived to the South American set, the studio execs and producers greeted him and said, 'By the way, would you mind taking a look at the script?' Black replied, 'I’m still not rewriting it.'"

He's 100 percent invested in the franchise now, and I can't wait to see what he does with it!

Why do they reboot everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
      the almighty dollar my friend $$$ rules everything but ruins alot of classics when it comes to the movies.

Comment

bring back detective peter keys, gary busey is a legend!

Comment

should b dope if its done properly
          subscribe to my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/DJMarcyMarcRemix

Comment

well word on the street now is that this is going to be a sequel to rodriguez version they sure changed there mind quick

Comment

they should take time reading the official story, and do some new part of it. reboots are so nonsense. robocop was the lastest insult. whole movie was so blabla worth nothing.

timeline of predators has so much to offer, even videogames already did a follow up of the original story. fantastic.
              He was a nice middle class nigga
              But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
              Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
                cause they're running out of ideas, so they remake old classic movies, which typically aren't ever as good, even with new effects.. be cool if they keep arnold in it.

Comment

I like the movies by Robert Rodriguez but Predators was totally crap and destroyed the whole Predator serie! I hope the new sequel will be dope. I have to watch part 1 again one of my favorite movies.
                  My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                  Vinyls: 60
                  Cassettes: 110
                  CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
                    they should take time reading the official story, and do some new part of it. reboots are so nonsense. robocop was the lastest insult. whole movie was so blabla worth nothing.

timeline of predators has so much to offer, even videogames already did a follow up of the original story. fantastic.
                    hated the new robocop even though i like joel kinnaman in the killing tv series.

Comment

Hey Hollywood....

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X