NOW YOU SEE ME 2 Plot Details and Casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW YOU SEE ME 2 Plot Details and Casting

As ridiculous as it was, I really enjoyed Louis Leterrier‘s Now You See Me. The idea of a heist film with magic won me over. Now You See Me 2 is preparing to move into production, and Lionsgate has officially announced the cast and offered up a plot summary.

The movie will reunite the ensemble cast from the first film with three of the four horseman returning, including Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco, alongside Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine. Isla Fisher was in the first movie, but her name wasn't on the press release we received. The screenplay was written by Pete Chiarelli and Ed Solomon. Here are the story details:

One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public’s adulation with their mind-bending spectacles, the Four Horsemen resurface in NOW YOU SEE ME 2 only to find themselves face to face with a new enemy who enlists them to pull off their most dangerous heist yet.

Michael Caine previously confirmed in an interview that Daniel Radcliffe would also be in the film as his son, and that the story will be set in London. The studio confirmed that Radcliffe is in the movie along with Lizzy Caplan (Showtime’s Master of Sex) and Jay Chou (The Green Hornet).

Jon M. Chu (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) is directing the movie, which is set to be released on June 10th, 2016. I'm not the biggest fan of Chu's work, but maybe this will be a project that works to his strengths. I loved the first film, so I'm hoping the sequel will at least be just as good.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X