Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will BLACK PANTHER be Introduced in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will BLACK PANTHER be Introduced in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR?

Chadwick Boseman will make his big screen debut as Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War, and I couldn't be more excited to finally see this hero introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe. Before I get to some SPOILER filled information about how Avengers: Age of Ultron will lead to Black Panther's inclusion in Civil War, I have a quote here from Boseman talking about how excited he is for the Black Panther action figures and costumes that we'll be seeing in the near future. The following quote comes from 89.3 KPCC (via CBM):

"That's one of the first things I thought about when we left the announcement event with Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. I saw fans outside with the rendering of Black Panther and [as] I was signing them I was sitting there like, Oh my gosh! And we were close to Halloween, so over that week I saw people with Iron Man costumes, Captain America costumes, Spider-Man costumes, and I was like, 'That's going to happen [with Black Panther].' It blew my mind. It's important because there will be black kids who have the Black Panther outfit and action figure, as well as Latino kids and white kids. It's an amazing thought that it helps from the opposite side to do what you were talking about earlier, about the non-specific racial casting; the idea that this person can be a hero. I feel like 42 did the same thing: there are so many kids from various backgrounds that see Jackie Robinson as a hero, and even though the movie is about race, the heroic spirit has no racial boundaries. So it's amazing to be a part of any of that."

We all know Hot Toys is for sure going to give fans a badass collectible action figure! That's what I'm excited about!

Now on to the SPOILER information! The big question is, how will Black Panther be brought into Captain America: Civil War? Badass Digest offers up some educated speculation on the matter, since they've read the script for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and that's where it looks like the connection begins. The site explains:

"In the film Ultron goes to Wakanda to get his robotic hands on vibranium, the same supermetal in Captain America's shield. The latest version of the story that I know does not include Black Panther in these sequences, but now that we have a T'Challa hired in the form of Chadwick Boseman might the superheroic king make his way into the film? Having Black Panther show up in the post-credits scene, mad that the Avengers came and had a fight in his closed-off nation without even reaching out to him, could be excellent and set up the character for Captain America: Civil War."

They also report that certain iterations of the Age of Ultron script have ended with Captain America assembling a new team of heroes. One of those heroes could include Captain Marvel. They go on to say that Captain Marvel will most likely appear "in Age of Ultron and Infinity War Part 1 before her own film comes out."

There's going to be lots of great stuff coming in the Marvel Cinematic universe, and I'm ridiculously excited to see where the studio takes these characters.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X