George Lucas Hasn't Watched the Trailer for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas Hasn't Watched the Trailer for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

If case you're wondering what Star Wars creator George Lucas thought of the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, he hasn't even seen it yet. In a recent interview with Page Six, he told them that he hasn't seen any footage from the film. Why?

“Because it’s not in the movie theater. I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there. I plan to see it when it’s released.”

That seems like a cop out excuse, especially since you know the guy has a private theater of his own that he could watch it in anytime he wants. But, it also sounds like maybe he means that he's just going wait until the full movie is released in theaters. Is Lucas really just going to avoid all of the trailers for the movie? If so, I give him props. That would be incredibly hard for any fan to do. He doesn't seem too interested in it anyway.

When asked if he was curious to see what J.J. Abrams has done with the sci-fi fantasy franchise that he created, Lucas reportedly told the site, “not really.” Ummm... okay. I guess he has really put all of this behind him. It's hard to think that he wouldn't at least be a little excited.

The movie is currently in post-production. It's set to be released in theaters on December 18th, 2015.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X