Paul Feig Says THE WALKING DEAD is Influencing His GHOSTBUSTERS Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Feig Says THE WALKING DEAD is Influencing His GHOSTBUSTERS Movie

Unless you've been living under a rock, you already know that Bridesmaids and The Heat director Paul Feig is rebooting Ghostbusters with an all-female cast. We've heard him talk a little about his take on the movie so far, but generally things are being kept pretty close to the vest. Well, Feig went on Talking Dead this past weekend immediately following the most recent episode of AMC's The Walking Dead, and he revealed a relatively surprising influence on his upcoming movie.

I will say, I was very inspired by this show. What I love is how they play with the danger, they play with the scariness, but also the idea that it’s always about gauntlet run. And that’s something, an element I want to bring to this Ghostbusters reboot is having to get through these various obstacles that are supernatural and all that. I really feed off of The Walking Dead.

Personally, I'm not a fan of The Walking Dead, but I can still appreciate what Feig is saying here. There's definitely a sense of danger and a willingness to kill off main characters that the show displays, so I'd be happy if there was a clearly defined sense of stakes in the new Ghostbusters movie and the danger of a character dying at any moment. It would absolutely help Feig to make the movie a little scarier than the original two, which is something he's said that he wants to do, presumably as a way to carve out a bit of a separate identity for this movie. What do you think?

Oh great, he's influenced by a TV show made for lobotomy sufferers?

>presumably as a way to carve out a bit of a separate identity for this movie.

Why is someone of this caliber being allowed to handle Ghostbusters? What kind of amateur hour bullshit is this?!
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X