GARGOYLES Movie Update - Greg Weisman Won't Give Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GARGOYLES Movie Update - Greg Weisman Won't Give Up

Fans have been wanting to see a feature film adaptation of Disney's Gargoyles for years. It's the best animated series they've ever created, and it's kind of shocking that they haven't made this movie a reality yet. It seems like a no-brainier of a decision.

I attended the Long Beach Comic Expo this weekend, and while there I had the opportunity to attend the 20th Anniversary Gargoyles panel. Creator Greg Weisman was there along with producer and director Frank Paur, Keith David (the voice of Goliath), and several of the other voice cast members.

At one point during the Q&A, Weisman was asked by a fan what was currently going on with the prospects of a feature film and other forms of entertainment. After Weisman revealed that he is currently developing a comic book series for the franchise that has yet to be officially announced, he went on to give an update on the movie.

I'm reporting to say that Weisman is still trying to push forward. He explained that this is a project that he will never give up on, and that he will keep trying to make it happen. He's been trying to get a feature film version of Gargoyles into production for years, and over that time he says that there have been moments where Disney has been very interested in it, and then for some reason that interest would fade. It has just been an on and off again thing with the studio. The dance between Weisman and the studio has been going on like this the whole time.

The last meeting he had with the Disney about the project was last week. So it's good to know that there is currently active participation in trying to bring it to life. Who knows if anything will come of it though. He didn't really say how the meeting went. Everyone involved with the series would love to be a part of it as well. When talking to Keith David about it, he said he would do anything he could to help bring Gargoyles to the big screen.

I can't understand why Disney hasn't jumped on this property and put a film into development. It's the kind of movie that would be blow up at the box office, not just as a single film, but as a freakin' franchise! It still has a huge and loyal fan base, and on top of that there's a whole new generation of kids that would love it if they saw it.

We've seen a lot of classic animated cartoons get the big screen treatment over the year, and there are more to come, but out of all of them, I think Gargoyles is the most deserving. This movie needs to happen, and I truly hope that one day it will.

I've always been a huge supporter of this series, and I even wrote an article trying to get Disney to see the light.

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post

Fans have been wanting to see a feature film adaptation of Disney's Gargoyles for years. It's the best animated series they've ever created, and it's kind of shocking that they haven't made this movie a reality yet. It seems like a no-brainier of a decision.

I attended the Long Beach Comic Expo this weekend, and while there I had the opportunity to attend the 20th Anniversary Gargoyles panel. Creator Greg Weisman was there along with producer and director Frank Paur, Keith David (the voice of Goliath), and several of the other voice cast members.

At one point during the Q&A, Weisman was asked by a fan what was currently going on with the prospects of a feature film and other forms of entertainment. After Weisman revealed that he is currently developing a comic book series for the franchise that has yet to be officially announced, he went on to give an update on the movie.

I'm reporting to say that Weisman is still trying to push forward. He explained that this is a project that he will never give up on, and that he will keep trying to make it happen. He's been trying to get a feature film version of Gargoyles into production for years, and over that time he says that there have been moments where Disney has been very interested in it, and then for some reason that interest would fade. It has just been an on and off again thing with the studio. The dance between Weisman and the studio has been going on like this the whole time.

The last meeting he had with the Disney about the project was last week. So it's good to know that there is currently active participation in trying to bring it to life. Who knows if anything will come of it though. He didn't really say how the meeting went. Everyone involved with the series would love to be a part of it as well. When talking to Keith David about it, he said he would do anything he could to help bring Gargoyles to the big screen.

I can't understand why Disney hasn't jumped on this property and put a film into development. It's the kind of movie that would be blow up at the box office, not just as a single film, but as a freakin' franchise! It still has a huge and loyal fan base, and on top of that there's a whole new generation of kids that would love it if they saw it.

We've seen a lot of classic animated cartoons get the big screen treatment over the year, and there are more to come, but out of all of them, I think Gargoyles is the most deserving. This movie needs to happen, and I truly hope that one day it will.

I've always been a huge supporter of this series, and I even wrote an article trying to get Disney to see the light.
    I Remember The Original From When I Was Younger Ima Have To Find My Old VHS Copy And Watch It Again

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
    Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

watched the tv show when I was young
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X