Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionsgate Delays POWER RANGERS Reboot, Sets AMERICAN ULTRA For Release This Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionsgate Delays POWER RANGERS Reboot, Sets AMERICAN ULTRA For Release This Summer

Those of you who were counting down the days until a new Power Rangers movie hit the big screen will unfortunately have to add almost six more months of waiting. According to a new release slate update from Lionsgate, their film reboot of the popular TV series was supposed to be released on July 22, 2016, but now it'll bow on January 13th, 2017. Project Almanac director Dean Israelite is in talks to direct, but nothing has been signed as of yet.

American Ultra, the new movie from Chronicle writer Max Landis, will arrive in theaters this summer on August 21st. That film stars Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart (Adventureland reunion!), and the synopsis is as follows:

A stoner and his girlfriend’s sleepy, small-town existence is disrupted when his past comes back to haunt him in the form of a government operation set to wipe him out.

There are three more shifts that the studio released, though those films don't sound particularly interesting at this stage:

Robert De Niro and Zac Efron's Dirty Grandpa has been moved up from August 2016 to February 26, 2016.
    The CIA sci-fi thriller Criminal has been pushed from this August to January 22, 2016.
    Alex Proyas' Gods of Egypt will now open a few months later than planned, on April 8, 2016.

The studio also confirmed that Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone will take over the roles once held by Miles Teller and Emma Watson in Whiplash director Damien Chazelle's upcoming musical La La Land. Whiplash was my favorite film of last year, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Chazelle does next, and I must admit that I was excited to see Teller and Watson share the screen together. But Gosling and Stone are a great on-screen duo, showing crackling chemistry in Crazy, Stupid, Love before working together again in the awful Gangster Squad. I'm psyched for this one, and it'll arrive on July 15th, 2016. Here's the synopsis:

In this modern take on the Hollywood musical from Damien Chazelle, the Academy Award-nominated writer and director of WHIPLASH, Sebastian (Ryan Gosling) and Mia (Emma Stone) are drawn together by their common desire to do what they love. But as success mounts they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair, and the dreams they worked so hard to maintain in each other threaten to rip them apart.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X