Jason Statham Scoffs at Marvel Movies, Says His Grandma Could Star In One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Statham Scoffs at Marvel Movies, Says His Grandma Could Star In One

Earlier this morning, we wrote about how British action star Jason Statham is rumored for the role of Bullseye in season two of Netflix and Marvel's Daredevil TV series. Well, it now seems extremely unlikely that he'll actually end up taking that role, since he had some choice words about the kind of action he sees in modern superhero movies, specifically calling out Marvel in an interview with i400calci:

A lot of the modern sort of action movies I see, you know, Marvel comic sort of things, I just think, any guy can do it. I have no ambition. I mean, I could take my grandma and put her in a cape, and then put her in a greenscreen, and then have stunt doubles come in and do all the action. Anybody can do it. I mean, they’re relying on stunt doubles, and greenscreen, and $200 million budget, it’s all CGI-created. So to me, that is not authentic. I’m inspired by old, real star guys that can really do it.

Now, there's still a chance that he could end up taking on the role if the offer turns out to be true (and still stands after these comments, haha). I've still only seen a few episodes of Daredevil so far, but already I can tell it has a higher level of action choreography than a lot of other superhero shows, and maybe he'll jump at the chance to bring his old school tricks to a property like that. We'll have to see how it goes.

In the meantime, go see Statham in Spy this weekend, because he's one of the best parts of the movie. It proves that he should be working regularly in comedies.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X