First Trailer For MACBETH, Starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Trailer For MACBETH, Starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard

Since I wasn't forced to read it in high school, I've never made time to sit down and read Shakespeare's Macbeth, so I have absolutely no idea what's happening in this new trailer for the film adaptation. But director Justin Kurzel has put such an emphasis on creating striking, memorable images here that I feel like this might be a must-see film for me, just from a visual perspective alone.

Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard star, and just from seeing a few shots in this trailer, it looks like Kurzel is definitely the right person to finally bring Assassin's Creed to the big screen (a movie which will reunite him with his two lead actors). I'm interested in hearing what the Shakespeare buffs among you have to say about this trailer. Does this look like an interesting adaptation? Let us know below.

Macbeth hits UK theaters on October 2nd and will be released in the United States later this year.

Macbeth is the story of a fearless warrior and inspiring leader brought low by ambition and desire. A thrilling interpretation of the dramatic realities of the times and a reimagining of what wartime must have been like for one of Shakespeare’s most famous and compelling characters, a story of all-consuming passion and ambition set in war torn 11th Century Scotland.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X