Guillermo Del Toro Says PACIFIC RIM 2 Isn't Dead Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo Del Toro Says PACIFIC RIM 2 Isn't Dead Yet

yesterday, we wrote about how production on Pacific Rim 2 has been delayed indefinitely, and THR's report indicated that the movie might not ever get made. But writer/director Guillermo del Toro isn't quite ready to give up on the project yet: in a new interview with EW, he tells the outlet that the project is "not gone."

“We are still turning in a screenplay and a budget in three weeks. As far as I’m concerned, it’s not gone. We’re still on it.”

He also mentions that the movie's delay is temporary, saying "It moved further. I may do another movie in the middle." That mystery film is likely the "Splash meets Wall-E" pitch he's working on for Fox Searchlight, news of which leaked a few days ago. But del Toro isn't completely lacking in self-awareness. He knows full well that his passion projects cost a lot of money to make and aren't exactly easy sells.

“I can tell you this, if I was a billionaire, I would definitely do Hellboy 3, Pacific Rim 2, and At the Mountains of Madness.” He laughs. “And I would quickly become a millionaire.”

We'll have to wait and see what Legendary thinks about the script for Pacific Rim 2.

Pacific Rim was an awesome movie and I want see part 2. Yeah, give the man the OK to do Hellboy 3, damn.
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
      Pacific Rim was an awesome movie and I want see part 2. Yeah, give the man the OK to do Hellboy 3, damn.
      Damn right! I cannot wait.
      It make homos game at females.

Comment

I really enjoyed Pacific Rim. Would appreciate seeing part 2. I remember reading a graphic novel of Pacific Rim that was like a prequel to the first movie but it kinda sucked. I really like this movie though it's like a cross between Godzilla and Gundum lol
        sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X