SPEEDY GONZALES Animated Movie In Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEEDY GONZALES Animated Movie In Development

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! Yii-hah! Warner Bros. is reportedly developing an animated feature film based on the classic Looney Tunes character Speedy Gonzales. The news comes from The Tracking Board, who says that the film will be a contemporary adaptation of the cartoon character.

Speedy Gonzales was created by Friz Freieng and Hawley Pratt, and the character first appeared in the 1953 short "Speedy Gonzales." Over the years he appeared in 46 Warner Bros. cartoons. Just in case you’ve never heard of the character before, Speedy is a Mexican mouse who is super crazy fast. He’s known for wearing a yellow over-sized Charro, white shirt and trousers, and a bright-red kerchief. He often took on Sylvester the cat — who Speedy always manages to outsmart and outrun.

Several years ago, New Line Cinema was trying to get a movie off the ground with comedian/actor George Lopez as the voice of the title character. It obviously never got into the production stage.

As of right now, there is no screenwriter or director attached to the project. I grew up watching the Looney Tunes cartoons, and I loved Speedy Gonzales. I hope they are able to do the character justice when they bring him to the big screen. If they bring on the right talent to bring this character to life it could turn out to be a really fun animated flick.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X