Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson Movie 'This Is It' Makes $20 Million In 1st Day Sales &..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson Movie 'This Is It' Makes $20 Million In 1st Day Sales &..

..Could Be Nominated For An Oscar

Michael Jackson’s posthumous film This Is It has made a staggering $20.1 million world-wide on its first day of release.

The documentary, which follows MJ throughout the rehearsals of his ill-fated comeback tour, has also made around £1.2 million in the UK alone since its premiere on Tuesday night.

Steve Elzer from Sony Pictures has stated that the movie is a: "reaffirmation of the global appeal of Michael Jackson".

He also revealed the studio will submit the movie to the Academy Awards so it can be considered for the best picture category.

Director Kenny Ortega supported Elzer’s statement claiming Jacko’s last project ‘deserves’ to win an Oscar.

Meanwhile, the King of Pop’s father Joe Jackson has stated the legend is now worth more in death than when he was alive.

The Billie Jean singer, who died at the age of 50 in June, has entered the top five of Forbes magazine’s Top-Earning Dead Celebrities list.

Mr. Jackson told US show Extra: "He's worth more dead than when he was alive, but I'd rather have him alive,"

MJ’s father added: "I get emotional when I'm off to myself and I start thinking about things that we went through.”

It seems even in death, there is still controversy surrounding the singer as an alleged picture of Michael Jackson’s body during his autopsy is rumoured to have been ‘offered’ to the press.

damn thats amazing

Comment

What they meant is he's exploited more in his death than alive.

Comment

^ He was already a Supernova and he would have gained these posthumous bandwagon fans if he was alive because that tour was going to be INSANE.

Seriously.

Everyday create your history.
        Every path you take, you're leaving your legacy.
        Every soldier dies in his glory.
        Every legend tells of conquest and liberty.
        Every hero dreams of chivalry.
        Every child should sing together in harmony.

Michael.<3

Comment

i honestly wouldnt wast my time on that 'movie'
          F-N-F
          THE REMIX KING
          / Certified Music Critic

Comment

wow.. thats good.. im suprised it actually didnt make more.. i dont think im going to see this in the theaters anytime soon.. i will prolly just wait the year to check it out on hbo, showtime or whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal-N-Felony View Post
              i honestly wouldnt wast my time on that 'movie'
              i went to the movie theatre with my girlfriend and she wanted to see this crap..wasnt worth the money at all. lame try to make another quick buck with his name..meh at least the popcorn was ok lol.

Comment

I can't wait for the sequel!
                It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by stopsfungus View Post
                  I can't wait for the sequel!
                  i think it won't happen ;-)

Comment

i cant say i didn't expect this

Comment

great movie..shame he died..it would be great show, great concert, he was so full of energy...a perfecionist...RIP MJ

Comment

I did not watch this movie....not on my watch list

Comment

the only thing i was hoping for was that the soundtrack was ripped from the rehearsals and not from his albums .the soundtrack is a greatest hits type thing,and would have been amazing if they would have done live rehearsal recordings instead.
                          as for the movie itself..?I've tried a couple times to watch it,and it just wont hold my interest.
                          "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

every music fan will end up owning this dvd, Michael was not only a great person but he also inspired a shit load of other music artists and will forever live on.
                            As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X