No announcement yet.

The Beatles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatles are fantastic, I've just been getting into them recently, though I've always enjoyed what I heard previously. I even have my Dad's Sgt Pepper record (yes, Heather, I said record)

Comment

Break on Through is a great track. I've heard that Morrison is a great poet, but I haven't read his material.

Back to the topic at hand. What Beatles tracks do you like? While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably my favorite song of all time. I also like songs such as Something, Yer Blues and Day Tripper.

Comment

the beatles were a great band but i enjoy paul and johns solo work so much more. especially johns work, well except when yoko decided to have a seizure in the songs.

Comment

well except when yoko decided to have a seizure in the songs.
          Hahahahaha yes I couldn't agree more

What Beatles tracks do you like?
          Let it Be (my fave ) Hey Jude, and Across the Universe

Comment

Yoko really did ruin many of The Beatles songs and arguably the band as a whole. There is a Beatles bootleg called From Kinfauns (Harrison's old home) to Chaos that contains the white album sessions. The first disk is comprised of acoustic demos of white album tracks while the second disk consists of Yoko Ono talking and mumbling over various takes of the song Revolution. I believe that second disk is indicative of the affect she had on the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
              Across the Universe
              Finally someone listed this one. My personal favorite, covers from Rufus Wainwright to Fiona Apple are good too. Even this amateur cover is great in my opinion (love accoustic guitar):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnYzPhSdwk[/ame]

Comment

People of all ages and different parts of the world love the Beatles because their music is good.

Speaking of covers here are some recent ones that I love. A little unorthodox yet it works

Playlist · mrdavidbarratt · 185 items · 341 likes

Another interesting project is the Wutang vs the Beatles mixtape. Simply awesome.
                http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...m-Theory-Vol.1

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  I love the beatles but maybe thats because I am 32 years old and a oldie I suppose. I grew up with my aunts, uncles, and parents playing their records (yes I said records) They had great talent and John Lennon himself is a legend all his own.

Another good group from those days The Doors
                  lol First you are not old Girl, and second thing Good music stays always good music, that's why everybody love them even now, and even being young for some of the fans

I love "Riders on the storm" and " the end " from the doors, but I don't know them a lot
                  Last edited by Alucard; 12-29-2010, 05:11 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MjjPac View Post
                    lol First you are not old Girl, and second thing Good music stays always good music, that's why everybody love them even now, and even being young for some of the fans

I love "Riders on the storm" and " the end " from the doors, but I don't know them a lot
                    lol 32 is old ..I don't feel old but when I see that number I'm like dammmmmmnnnnnn Then to hear of oldie groups like this be brought up it really makes me feel old being I know them all to well and love their music. Some people think you can only like one type of music and they wonder how can you like Pac and like this. But see I think music in a lot of forms is spectacular. Your right though good music always stays good music. That's what makes Pac a legend as well.

Comment

the beatles started it all & made the most impact all the shit pop groups out there can break there records has much has they like but there music will never touch the boys from liverpool.

Comment

Are now the history of music

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X