Nirvana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nirvana

Nirvana was an American rock band that was formed by singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington in 1987. Nirvana went through a succession of drummers, the longest-lasting being Dave Grohl, who joined the band in 1990.

The band established itself as part of the Seattle music scene, releasing its first album Bleach for the independent record label Sub Pop in 1989. After signing to major label DGC Records, Nirvana found unexpected success of "Smells Like Teen Spirit", the band's lead single from its second album Nevermind (1991). Subsequently, Nirvana entered into the mainstream, bringing along with it a subgenre of alternative rock called grunge. As Nirvana's frontman, Kurt Cobain found himself referred to in the media as the "spokesman of a generation," with Nirvana being considered the "flagship band" of Generation X.[1] Cobain was uncomfortable with the attention and placed his focus on the band's music, believing the band's message and artistic vision to have been misinterpreted by the public, challenging the band's audience with its third studio album In Utero (1993).

Nirvana's brief run ended with Cobain's death in April 1994, but the band's popularity continued and influence endured in the years that followed. In 2002, "You Know You're Right," an unfinished demo from the band's final recording session, topped radio playlists around the world. Since their debut, the band has sold over twenty-five million albums in the US alone, and over fifty million worldwide.[2][3]

Fucking awesome sounds on this record you could never hear on an mp3 or cd.The vinyl fucking blasts.

^Kurt had a great scream too

And finally they're last recorded song.

Any Fans?

A great band. They made fantastic music.
    I like the song "Come As You Are" but they made many good tracks.
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

yeah i'm a fan ! i like their song stay away, smells like teen spirit, lithium....i used 2 listen 2 nirvana a lot, but now i need some aggressive shit like DMX !

Comment

I love this band. I own all their albums & some concert DVDs. I collected all their music videos in dvd vob quality. I even have a shirt. lol

Comment

yeah! Nirvana was a really great band,
          and "Nevermind" is a classic album

Comment

though they existed not very long

the music is still on

Comment

One of my fav bands of that time just sad that Kurt is. No longer with us

Comment

I was never their fan, just liked several songs such as Lithium, Smells like..., Rape me, polly.
                2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

Originally posted by K.Pin View Post

In 2002, "You Know You're Right," an unfinished demo from the band's final recording session, topped radio playlists around the world. Since their debut, the band has sold over twenty-five million albums in the US alone, and over fifty million worldwide.[2][3]

YouTube - Nirvana - Blew
                  Fucking awesome sounds on this record you could never hear on an mp3 or cd.The vinyl fucking blasts.

YouTube - Nirvana - Lithium
                  ^Kurt had a great scream too

And finally they're last recorded song.
                  YouTube - Nirvana You Know You're Right (official video)

Any Fans?
                  i bet it wasn't remixed either

only like the one track from nirvana though, smells like teen spirit.

Comment

come ..as u are not a fan but like to listen to them from time to time

Comment

Nirvana was such a unique sounding band at the time ...
                      .... their music is "timeless" and sounds as great today as it did in the early-mid 90s

Comment

great band

ive always known about them, ive always known smells like teen spirit, but a couple months ago i really got into listening to them

I Know Death Follows Me
                        But
                        I'll Murder Him First

Comment

I love their music!

Kurt Cobain was so talented too......fuckin drugs.

Comment

Their music gives me headache, but, to each their own I guess :P
                            2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

Comment

not gonna call myself a fan of them but "smells like teen spirit" is an awesome song.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X