Todays music , where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays music , where is it?

I have never seen the music scene so quiet.
    2008 was a bad year for rap , not just because of soulja boy but in general.
    Even in all the other music genres there is nothing coming out,

Best albums of 2008 imo
    1 Kings of Leon Only by the night
    2Killers Day and Age
    3John legen evolver
    4.Damien Dempsey Rocky Road to dublin.

Paper trial could be mentioned but nothing classic ,Coldplay too.
    thats all i can think of at the moment :scratchchin: kinda proves my point
    Havnt really listened to games album yet.

Even the top 100 in pirate bay has barley changed in last few months.
    No new music. All pop shit. Female singers trying to get to number 1

Meh thats why there is techno,trance, etc. Its like a drug.

Comment

yup the music scene is most definitely sad these days. every time i turn on the radio for probably 6 months now its the same exact shit every time. even the top songs of 2008 i been hearing the past few weeks on the radio is the same 6 or 7 songs i been hearing constantly for months, rihanna rehab lil wayne lady cop that live your life song with rhianna in it, and a few others. none of them are any good

the only person i can stand to listen to that is out right now is akon, i would never buy his shit, but when his songs come on the radio its a welcome break from the repetitive other songs i hear

thank God my zune is working again and I can bump my Pac, Biggie, Bone Thugz & old school Dre all day

Comment

well rap pimped itself out to electronica (techno sounding) synth instruments and gay ass gimmicks. back in the day it was an art, now its just a get rick quick scheme. word to the old pac biggie and dre trax. might wanan add bone and rappin 4tay into that mix tho bro, just a heads up.
        -RoE

Comment

^damn you know your right, i meant to put bone in there. I listened to bone before i did Pac. Ill make the edit.

Comment

the game is aiight everybody hatin on him but lax had some dope tracks

Comment

the game is ok but his vocals are sluggish and he has a super shitty taste in producers. 80% of rap is production (i.e. 50's 1st retail album with dre production compared to all of his newer garbage) and the game shops at the bargain isle with a bunch of unknown producers

Comment

Man game proved that he has dope producers other than dre on his 2nd album , that was a great album , beats were DOPE! 1st album is a classic 2. Didnt listen to third one yet.

Game is probably one of best rappers around now , his lyrics arnt that much, but I just like his music ! It sounds good!!

That song from 2nd album called Tha Shit was one of dopest beats in recent times

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqbjj_hwPMg[/ame]

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X