X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detox July 26th????

Monday, 6 June 2011

Detox July 26th????

Though release dates have been given before, another rumored date purports that the album will drop in the summer.

Dr. Dre has delayed his third and final solo album Detox for the past decade, giving several release dates during that time. Another alleged release date has hit the Internet, suggesting that the West Coast veteran will drop his swan song on July 26th.

According to HHNM, HMV has made the album available for pre-order in the U.K. on July 25th. The date, which falls on a Monday, would suggest that the LP would release in the States the following day, as albums release in the U.K. a day earlier.

Source - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-on-july-26th/

Friday, 3 June 2011

DJ Khalil - Dre In 'Final Stretch' of 'Detox' Work

While DJ Khalil has recently contributed to new projects by Drake, John Legend, Eminem and Game, the producer tells Billboard.com that his top priority these days is helping Dr. Dre finish his endlessly delayed third album, "Detox."

"Dre's album is definitely the most important thing right now, because he is definitely in the final stretch," says DJ Khalil (real name: Khalil Abdul-Rahman), who produced "Detox's" first single, "Kush," along with Dr. Dre. "He has the record going, but I'm sure he thinks there are pieces missing still. Until he finds those pieces, maybe he's not comfortable putting it out yet."

Khalil, who has been working with Dr. Dre on "Detox" for over six years, can't predict exactly what the long-awaited album will sound like. "It's definitely a West Coast sound -- more futuristic West Coast sound -- at least from what I've turned in," he says. "I don't know what he's keeping, though."

Khalil says that his "Detox" work has kept him from focusing on Drake's sophomore album, "Take Care," but the producer -- who previously collaborated with the Canadian rapper on the "So Far Gone" track "Fear" -- professes that he has "a ton of ideas" for his second full-length. "I talked to him and just told him I'm working on stuff for him," he says. "I'm sure they are more than halfway done. I'm pretty sure he's getting close and I definitely want to be a part of it."

Source - http://www.billboard.com/column/the-...05213242.story

Comment

Until Interscope confirm the date, it's not happenining

Comment

HMV have changed their dates almost monthly for the past 5 yrs or so, it's not a legitimate source. It's a shame, but it's no reliable lol.

Comment

On July 26th somebody will post a thread "Detox August 30th" LULZ

Comment

Not to get off topic, but I never understood why Pac said in WYM "he ain't made a beat in 6 years sweaty as shit"

1. Dre just did Cali Love 1 year previous
            2. Even if Pac isn't talking about his album, Dre made many other beats within 6 years of '96, heck even The Chonic came out in '92.

So where is Pac getting this "ain't made a beat in 6 years" shit from?

Comment

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
              Not to get off topic, but I never understood why Pac said in WYM "he ain't made a beat in 6 years sweaty as shit"

1. Dre just did Cali Love 1 year previous
              2. Even if Pac isn't talking about his album, Dre made many other beats within 6 years of '96, heck even The Chonic came out in '92.

So where is Pac getting this "ain't made a beat in 6 years" shit from?
              he didnt mean it literally, he meant that dre has barely worked over the last 6 years

I Know Death Follows Me
              But
              I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
                "he ain't made a beat in 6 years sweaty as shit"
                i thought it said "he ain't made a beat in 6 years swear he the shit"
                Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Cali love beat was made in 93.

dre never did anything major, he took credit for AEOM, and he was bitching alot while not doing anything for the company.

wym should be released on retail album, its real as fuck, expect amaru should copy/paste "6 years" line, and put "he dint made beat in 9 years" swears hes the shit
                  sigpic

Comment

another april fool for july ?
                    sigpic

Comment

dr.dre studio footage

THEY THINK DETOX IS COMING

BUT I DINT TOUCH INSTRUMENTS IN 9 YEARS, LMFAO DUMB FUCKS
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                        Cali love beat was made in 93.

dre never did anything major, he took credit for AEOM, and he was bitching alot while not doing anything for the company.

wym should be released on retail album, its real as fuck, expect amaru should copy/paste "6 years" line, and put "he dint made beat in 9 years" swears hes the shit
                        I never saw Dre take credit for things he ddn't do, epecially AEOM where he's only credited with 2 beats, Daz got all bitchy because he doesn't understand the difference between 'producer' and 'beat maker'. In fact I'd say Dre's work went uncredited, listen to all of Dogg Food, OG 2 BG on Chronic 2000 etc.

I'm annoyed with how long Dre has taken with Detox but people blindly hating on him over DR stuff is stupid. He ran the music side of the company and agreed to scout the talent (and did well, signing Tha Dogg Pound, Snoop, RBX, Nate, Rage etc), Suge fucked that all up by signing his hoodlum friends who fucked up the company. It's 100% Suge's frault, I would've left DR too if I was Dre.

Comment

I dunno if it's just me but I always got the impression that Dre barely makes any beats. I mean, why else would it take a decade to release one album? Don't get me wrong he has made some of the best hiphop beats but his work ethic is probably shitty to say the least.
                          2Pac hours before he got shot: ''Everybody that get out of jail got good luck!''

Comment

extremely shitty! Just watch, this album is gonna flop, guys like snoop and d.o.c. arent even feeling it like that! Such a shame too because i was looking forward to detox for the longest time, now i am indifferent towards it.

Comment

Too busy in the gym to release this
                              Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X