NYPD Battle Fans At Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock 'Monumental' Release Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Battle Fans At Smif-N-Wessun & Pete Rock 'Monumental' Release Party

Smif-N-Wessun dropped their collaborative album Monumental with Pete Rock yesterday, and at last night's album release party at Tammany Hall in New York City, reports are saying that the NYPD began attacking fans, supposedly including Pete Rock's wife and daughter.

Nothing's official yet, but DJ Jay Diamond released a video detailing what she saw. Here's some words (full video below):

“There was a fight outside the club and it got really nasty. We had no idea what was going on in the club, like absolutely no idea,” she said. “Everything just shut down and we were told to make our way out the building, and as we did so, mace was thrown into the building...Basically all the NYPD turned up and f*cked up Pete Rock’s wife, is what I heard, and his daughter in the car. There were artists on the floor being battered, women being battered... Instead of talking, trying to get people to move, they were saying, ‘F*ck off! Get off the block!’”

Like I said, this is all in its infancy, so nothing is official, but Pete Rock and Steele took to Twitter to share some words over the incident:

Steele: "#NYPD are killers...I seen what you u did to that girl," he said. "police ran down some real live gang bang gansta sht tonight at the #Monumental Release ..news at 11."

Pete: "Napoleon Complex man! its so lame to hit a woman,there was a tough lady cop acting like she was gonna do it to somebody,FOH!!"

Here's the full video of DJ Jay Diamond's report, as well as some rooftop footage of the street battle. Throw up your thoughts.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X