Rap just isn't what it used to be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would agree with you 3 years ago, but now?? hell naw
    even back in the 90's people said rap wasnt what it used to be, the music just evolves
    & also, even in the 90's there was shit rappers too

Originally posted by StricktlyMakaveli View Post
    we've got Lil Wayne? Lil B? Big Sean? Waka Flocka? Soulja Boy? Don't get me wrong there are some good rappers out there but it's a far cry from what it used to be.
    You Named 5 Bad Rappers, Here Is Some Good Rappers

J.Cole
    Hopsin
    Tech N9ne
    Slug
    JellyRoll
    Chamillionaire
    Kendrick Lemar
    Lupe Fiasco

& i can keep going,
    its hard to impress me when it comes to rap music, matter of fact, for the last couple of years rap was horrible, but people tend to focus on the negative,
    at the end of the day it comes down to opinion

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by ThaRealMasterC View Post
      i would agree with you 3 years ago, but now?? hell naw
      even back in the 90's people said rap wasnt what it used to be, the music just evolves
      & also, even in the 90's there was shit rappers too

You Named 5 Bad Rappers, Here Is Some Good Rappers

J.Cole
      Hopsin
      Tech N9ne
      Slug
      JellyRoll
      Chamillionaire
      Kendrick Lemar
      Lupe Fiasco

& i can keep going,
      its hard to impress me when it comes to rap music, matter of fact, for the last couple of years rap was horrible, but people tend to focus on the negative,
      at the end of the day it comes down to opinion
      these rappers are ok. But opinion/taste or not. A list with pac, biggie, nas, jay-z, dre, snoop, eazy, big L, Guru, az, wu tang etc is 10000000000000 times beter, and thats the true. Nobody can say its not , even when you have another taste.

Thats the same when saying a Peugot car is faster then a Ferari.

Ofcourse there still good rap these days, but the 90's were incredible, and had so much more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by KREW View Post
        Why did you pick out some of the worst rappers in the game, excluding Wayne? Change the channel/station if you don't like the artists. No one is making you listen. If you're going to bring up rappers of this generation, bring up the ones moving the game forward: J. Cole, Drake, Wale, Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B, Lupe Fiasco, Pusha T. They need time to find themselves before you compare them to rappers who became legends over a few albums.
        Id add wiz khalifa, nipssey hustle and glasses Malone to that list

Comment

Of course there are some talented guys in the new era.. but it just doesn't feel the same anymore, i woudl give my left nut to hear a new song that can give me the feeling that "100 miles and running" gave me back in the day.

Comment

rap has become garbage, i cannot take any new school rapper seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
              rap has become garbage, i cannot take any new school rapper seriously.
              Have you listened to el-p or aesop or even immortal technique? If you don't recognize lyricism and straight knowledge from any of that then your expectations will never be met flat out. There have been independent artists putting out great music since the 90s. Immortal technique would shit on almost everyone from any era.

Once again mainstream rap is wack but if people can't recognize the talent and lyricism in some of these independent artists that have been doing there thing for over a decade than your bar is set too high and will never be reached.
              Originally posted by Ruckus
              Seriously though...Nobody can be compaired to Pac..People might say Game or some shit but the truth..The Game is wack as fuck.
              Want to see some Daaaaank Buds??
              Want to download All the Pac songs DJ Screw has mixed

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X