Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIL2 Album Concept Unveiled...

Album Concept as explained by Ja Rule for his upcoming PIL2 album. 1/24/12

Nice read. Definitely looking forward to this one. Btw i'm afraid that they choice the wrong version of Spun A Webb for the album
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

The Spun a Web with the Coldplay sample couldn't get clearance. That was the version intended for the album, and the version Ja wrote his rhymes to. I personally like this version more, but after some time the new one has grown on me. It's not as good as the original, but it got better with repeated listening.

PIL2 is up for pre-order on Amazon now as well, complete with cover art if you're interested.

Comment

Never knew that the original version of Spun A Web had a Coldplay sample, interesting. I still like the finalized version though.
        A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
        & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
        & getting the benefits that go along with it
        Everythin that's out here for kings like us
        The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
        They don't understand is because we really from Africa
        & that's where all this stuff come from
        & we originated from kings

Comment

Ja Rule was the Justin Bieber of rap. Now he's not half the man Justin is. That's sad for him,.
          It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by Panfruit View Post
            Ja Rule was the Justin Bieber of rap. Now he's not half the man Justin is. That's sad for him,.
            You're entitled to your opinion but I fail to see the point you're trying to make. Ja Rule essentially invented the mainstream style of hip hop that is currently being used by most popular artists including Drake, and even 50 cent. Ja Rule sold multi-millions on most of his albums and was the the primary reason the Def Jam label didn't go under in the late 90's. 50 Cents entire career has been built around copying Ja's style and content, and then criticizing him for using it. It took a Feud with Ja Rule, and lyrical help from Eminem, along with production from Dre to make 50 Cent relevant, and to bury Rule Hell I could have been a major success with that kind of help. 50 literally has become a bigger joke then Ja ever was. Ja has ALWAYS made good music and had solid production, he's also continued to improve with each release. 50 had one good album (thanks 100% to Eminem and DRE) and has milked the idiots for anything they'll given him since then. Every album since Get Rich has been terrible, yet Ja's albums have only improved on what were already fantastic works.

Now let's look at Justin Bieber... He was signed by arguably one of the best R&B/Pop artists of the 2000's in Usher. His style, choreography, and song content has been heavily influenced by Usher (who he works with), and who, in case you forgot, was himself a multi-platinum selling artists respected the world over. Look at Ushers early work and compare it to Bieber's and you'll see a striking similarity. Furthermore, Bieber is selling massive amounts of music and selling out venues the same way Ja did in his early days. How is being compared to Bieber a bad thing? Bieber is the mascot for hard work and success at this point. Also, Bieber is like 16.. he's marketed towards an entirely different segment of the population.

Regardless of whether you enjoy their music you can't deny the impact they had on their respective genres.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasa View Post
              Never knew that the original version of Spun A Web had a Coldplay sample, interesting. I still like the finalized version though.
              It originally sampled the song "Trouble" by Coldplay. Here it is...

Comment

^Yeah, I did a quick Google search and found the song. I like the sample, but I think the retail chorus is better.
                A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
                & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
                & getting the benefits that go along with it
                Everythin that's out here for kings like us
                The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
                They don't understand is because we really from Africa
                & that's where all this stuff come from
                & we originated from kings

Comment

Can't wait to purchase this album, Never Had Time is a hit.
                  SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

Originally posted by Panfruit View Post
                    Ridiculous statement right there..... How do you even figure that Ja is half the man Justin is?? based on sales ?.
                    I ain't choosing sides
                    Hell nah,fuck everybody
                    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
                    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
                    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
                    I'm bullet proof
                    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
                    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
                    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
                    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
                    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
                      You're entitled to your opinion but I fail to see the point you're trying to make. Ja Rule essentially invented the mainstream style of hip hop that is currently being used by most popular artists including Drake, and even 50 cent. Ja Rule sold multi-millions on most of his albums and was the the primary reason the Def Jam label didn't go under in the late 90's. 50 Cents entire career has been built around copying Ja's style and content, and then criticizing him for using it. It took a Feud with Ja Rule, and lyrical help from Eminem, along with production from Dre to make 50 Cent relevant, and to bury Rule Hell I could have been a major success with that kind of help. 50 literally has become a bigger joke then Ja ever was. Ja has ALWAYS made good music and had solid production, he's also continued to improve with each release. 50 had one good album (thanks 100% to Eminem and DRE) and has milked the idiots for anything they'll given him since then. Every album since Get Rich has been terrible, yet Ja's albums have only improved on what were already fantastic works.

Now let's look at Justin Bieber... He was signed by arguably one of the best R&B/Pop artists of the 2000's in Usher. His style, choreography, and song content has been heavily influenced by Usher (who he works with), and who, in case you forgot, was himself a multi-platinum selling artists respected the world over. Look at Ushers early work and compare it to Bieber's and you'll see a striking similarity. Furthermore, Bieber is selling massive amounts of music and selling out venues the same way Ja did in his early days. How is being compared to Bieber a bad thing? Bieber is the mascot for hard work and success at this point. Also, Bieber is like 16.. he's marketed towards an entirely different segment of the population.

Regardless of whether you enjoy their music you can't deny the impact they had on their respective genres.
                      Agree with some of what your saying. 50's music gets worse with each album, guess thats what happens when your mega rich.

I wouldnt go as far as saying ja is responsible for the mainstream style everyone uses now. If anything jay z created the blueprint and if u wanna go even deeper LL Cool J....basically cater to the mainstream by making songs for the girls, result is hokey pokey sounding pop/rap music lol

Comment

50s music is cuz he aint hungary anymore ja maybe feels like he has something to prove again so hes putting his all into the music cant fault a man for that and just for the record bieber is a bitch his name shouldnt be mentioned anywhere near rap
                        sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X