Singer Whitney Houston dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singer Whitney Houston dies

(FILE) Singer Whitney Houston performs during a taping for "Good Morning America" in Central Park on Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2009 in New York. (AP Photo/Evan Agostini)

LOS ANGELES -- Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.
    At her peak in the 1980s and '90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were "How Will I Know," ''Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.
    Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.

Any mods please correct my typo in the opening topic title. my apologies no disrespect !
    Last edited by brad; 02-12-2012, 02:18 AM.
    Love.

Turn to CNN. Larry King is talking about it. NOW. THIS HAS JUST BEEN REPORTED.
    Such a young age to die, may her troubled soul rip now.
    Love.

Comment

Another one who fell into the abyss of drugs. Will wait and see what the cause of death comes back as

But if it's drugs or related stuff i will have zero sympathy or feelings for anyone bar her family

Comment

Originally posted by Draven View Post
        Another one who fell into the abyss of drugs. Will wait and see what the cause of death comes back as

But if it's drugs or related stuff i will have zero sympathy or feelings for anyone bar her family
        Sadly I think the drugs brought on her untimely death.
        Love.

Comment

wow, so tragic, eventhough it could of been avoided if it was drugs, still sad and shocking....r.i.p. to whitney houston

Comment

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Stuff is trending all over Twitter...

A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
            & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
            & getting the benefits that go along with it
            Everythin that's out here for kings like us
            The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
            They don't understand is because we really from Africa
            & that's where all this stuff come from
            & we originated from kings

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasa View Post
              Stuff is trending all over Twitter...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...3#.TzcWrr8o-sk
              Merged your thread with this one Mufasa. Just so you know

Comment

may she rest in peace

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Terrible stuff just seen this

Comment

i'm shocked, another legend died

rest in peace whitney houston

Comment

Fuck drugs and fuck her ex-husband too, I can't believe she died so young........... RIP
                      sigpic

Comment

Confirmed by her own publicist..first seen on Associated Press..R.I.P Whitney Houston..Another legend gone..
                        The music from my generation is fading away completely..

She reunites with Tupac though..

Comment

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer announced. She was 48.

Damn, what a sad news

WHITNEY HOUSTON
                          Dead at 48

Whitney Houston died this afternoon ... a rep for the singer told the Associated Press.

Paramedics were called to the Beverly Hilton today when Houston was found unresponsive in her hotel room ... sources tell TMZ.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on another call. According to our sources, paramedics performed CPR but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were to signs of foul play. We're told she was ID'ed by family and friends.

The singer famously battled drug addiction for years.

Houston won two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards during her record-breaking career. Her album "Whitney" was the first female album to ever debut at #1 on the Billboard Charts. She has sold 200 million albums world wide.

Houston holds an Honorary Doctorate in Humanities from Grambling State University in Louisiana.

Houston had one child, Bobbi Kristina, with husband Bobby Brown. Houston and Brown were married from 1992-2007.

We spotted Whitney out just last weekend with on-again/off-again beau Ray-J (see video below).
                          -------------------------------------------
                          "anyone that says he's hiding is calling him a coward. leaders don't run and hide. picture the life he lived and who he associated with and you'll know why he's not here anymore"

Comment

She was fucked up the other night. Don't fuck with drugs people, the drugs always win.

taken the other night

Comment

Wow, her eyes...ive always said a persons eyes are the windows to there soul...so sad, it was just a matter of time. Such a talent and young life thrown away.
                              Love.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X