Michael Jackson back catalogue allegedly stolen by hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson back catalogue allegedly stolen by hackers

[MENTION=369]Nikola,[MENTION=1184]Draven,[MENTION=1083]adoutlaw,[MENTION=2647]Mr Worldwide,[MENTION=1348]ThaRealMasterC,[MENTION=607]hobomotel,[MENTION=438]Thugz
    [MENTION=2938]JohnLund123

that's really fucked up, now the MJ bootlegers that already exist for years will do anything for getting more money

"More than 50,000 files from Sony Music, most by late pop legend, are said to have been illegally downloaded"

Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue, including an unreleased collaboration with Will.i.am, has been stolen by hackers.

The Sony Music archive has been infiltrated by cyber-crooks, who have illegally downloaded more than 50,000 digital files.

Record company bosses paid $250 million to Jackson's estate in 2010 for the catalogue, including unheard material from studio sessions when the superstar recorded Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad.

A source tells Britain's Sunday Times, "Everything Sony purchased from the Michael Jackson estate was compromised.

"It caused them to check their systems and they found the breach. There was a degree of sophistication. Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap."

The haul is also said to include a duet with the late Freddie Mercury and Black Eyed Peas rapper Will.i.am.

The attack was discovered weeks after hackers targeted Sony's PlayStation Network in April, but was only confirmed by a Sony Music representative on Saturday.
    source: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/04...gue-worth-250m

Michael Jackson's back catalogue has allegedly been stolen from Sony Music by hackers, it has emerged.

More than 50,000 music files, most of which were by the late pop legend, are said to have been illegally downloaded.

Jackson's estate signed the biggest recording deal in history, worth $250m (£164m) with the company in 2010, giving it the rights to sell his whole back catalogue as well as previously unreleased tracks.

On Friday, two men who were arrested last May appeared in court in the UK accused of offences in connection with the alleged security breach.

James Marks, 26, from Daventry in Northamptonshire, and James McCormick, 25, from Blackpool, denied charges under the Computer Misuse Act and the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act at Leicester crown court. They were released on bail, the Serious Organised Crime Agency said. They are due to stand trial next January.

The incident comes less than a year after the names, addresses and other personal data of about 77 million people with accounts on Sony's PlayStation Network (PSN) were stolen.

The company warned it had been hacked last April when an "illegal and unauthorised person" got access to the information, forcing Sony to temporarily shut down the PSN, which allows owners of the consoles to play online games and rent films.

Private investigators were called in and Sony issued an apology for the "frustrating" security breach, promising it was taking steps to make its services "safer and more secure than ever before" in the wake of the attack.

Sony Music is home to a string of major artists, including Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon, Foo Fighters and Avril Lavigne, and also distributes the music of Jimi Hendrix.

Its catalogue features what it calls "some of the most important recordings in history".

The company signed its contract with Jackson's estate nine months after he died from a drug overdose at the age of 50, leaving hundreds of millions of dollars of debt behind him.

The deal also entitled the firm to use his music in computer games, television adverts and elsewhere, with profits from the arrangement to go into a trust shared by the singer's mother and three children.

Sony Music declined to comment on the latest alleged hacking incident.

Soca's involvement in the case comes after it shut down popular music site RnBXclusive last month, warning users that the majority of music files available via the website were stolen from the artists.
    source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012...en?INTCMP=SRCH
    sigpic

Idk maybe this will turn into a good thing for us fans. Sony already paid 250million to his estate so i'm gussing their good.
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

"Jackson" the bootlegs volume "1", "2", "3", "4", and "5" coming soon!
      followed by "Jackson - EVOLUTION CDs" SET OF HIGH QUALITY PRO TOOLS WORKING SESSION PROJECT MIXES

and after that, retail releases of original songs remixed with dubstep moondance vibe.
      sigpic

Comment

Is it known how many (roughly) MJ songs are unreleased/unleaked?

[MENTION=818]MjjPac
        2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

so we will hear many new songs the next months and years
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

i doubt we will hear any for a while to rats will wanna make some money first
            sigpic

Comment

Its time for new Dante's, Glits, groups and sellers, leaks and new sites michael-forum.com jackson-nation.net jackson-board.com and so on.

Feels like DEJA VU.
              sigpic

Comment

i love hackers!!!

without them we would have to wait for damn record labels to release shit...

Comment

this is both a positive thing & also a negative.

I Know Death Follows Me
                  But
                  I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Đuka View Post
                    Is it known how many (roughly) MJ songs are unreleased/unleaked?

[MENTION=818]MjjPac
                    There are a lot of songs believe me lol, MJ did music for almost 40 years !!!
                    I don't really know the exact number plus I don't like songs lists (same with tupac lol), but just for the jackson 5/motown period it is a known fact that nearly 270 songs are still unreleased
                    sigpic

Comment

just wondering if the 2 dudes from the uk do have them (or had them before being arrested), or wtf has happened to the tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                        "Jackson" the bootlegs volume "1", "2", "3", "4", and "5" coming soon!
                        followed by "Jackson - EVOLUTION CDs" SET OF HIGH QUALITY PRO TOOLS WORKING SESSION PROJECT MIXES

and after that, retail releases of original songs remixed with dubstep moondance vibe.

Originally posted by adoutlaw View Post
                        i doubt we will hear any for a while to rats will wanna make some money first

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                        Its time for new Dante's, Glits, groups and sellers, leaks and new sites michael-forum.com jackson-nation.net jackson-board.com and so on.

Feels like DEJA VU.
                        they already exist and were there when Mj was still alive
                        These hackers are well known Mj's fan and collectors and they have a lot of unheard songs of Mj, but they are probably worse than Dante, so I really doubt that we will hear any new songs, I don't know how the scene is about tupac, but the Mj's one is full with rats

Originally posted by JohnLund213 View Post
                        Idk maybe this will turn into a good thing for us fans. Sony already paid 250million to his estate so i'm gussing their good.
                        Sony have to release lots of cds and dvd if they want to make profits, so if they don't fuck with the musical legacy, it's a good news for us it means more retail releases, but if they still want to release non coherent albums and product without any good quality ( vision 3dvd box, this is it OST etc...) like they did since Mj's death so it's a bad news for us and we can only hope hackers to be generous (LOOOOOL) and real songs to leak

Originally posted by Big G.O.V. View Post
                        i love hackers!!!

without them we would have to wait for damn record labels to release shit...
                        Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
                        so we will hear many new songs the next months and years
                        Maybe Not, cuz These people are real rats so I don't believe that
                        Plus the hack happened last year (april) but they only reveal it now, on some forum people say that the last snippets ( Hollywood tonight demo etc...) leaks are coming from this hack

Some collector have also a lot of footage unseen concerts etc..., unheard songs that the basic fan will never hear or see in his life
                        Last edited by Alucard; 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah will have to see what happens in time, shit could stay hidden, or money could be wanted and things start appearing..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MjjPac View Post
                            There are a lot of songs believe me lol, MJ did music for almost 40 years !!!
                            I don't really know the exact number plus I don't like songs lists (same with tupac lol), but just for the jackson 5/motown period it is a known fact that nearly 270 songs are still unreleased
                            damn
                            that amount of unreleased songs is holy grail for any MJ fan. That dude was bigger workaholic that Tupac
                            2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

i hope i get some to hear some songs soon!!!!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X