Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to buy Michael jackson Acetate/ Rarez on ebay :D ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oompa Loompa View Post
    [MENTION=1184]Draven [MENTION=1083]adoutlaw [MENTION=2647]Mr Worldwide [MENTION=1348]ThaRealMasterC [MENTION=607]hobomotel [MENTION=423]baba [MENTION=990]ublasfu@big exodus

Can someone rip these two snippets for me plz ?

Much Too Soon (untouched 1994 recording) (Snippet)

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Money (uncut) (Snippet) from History acetate

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

as requested by people having interest in the following eBay item:
    MICHAEL JACKSON "HIStory" ultra rare acetate (1994 studio CDr) INCLUDING "Smile"
    the never-heard-before and excluded-from-release original and untouched mix of
    "Much Too Soon" (2:30)
    far better than the messed up mix by John McClain released on MICHAEL
    probably the version Michael referred to when writing a note for Bruce Swedien which said:
    Mix #"9" of "Much Too Soon" is great - Love, M.J.
    More information from producer/engineer Rob Hoffman (taken from GearSlutz):
    "It was recorded very early on during the HIStory sessions. I believe at the time we only had the very beginnings of Stranger in Moscow, maybe the first part of the groove on They Don't Care . . . . MJ as working at Sony studios with Brad Buxer most of the time, and the rest of us were over at the Hit Factory doing odd bits of work, and mixing. Michael came in one day and said he had an idea and needed a guitar player. So they called in a local session guy, Jeff Mirinov.
    He sat with MJ in the iso-booth and Michael patiently sang every note of every chord, and the melody. He had the whole thing in his head. Once Jeff had it down, Michael came into the control room and sang live while Jeff did some takes. He used an SM-57 into Bruce's Neve 1084's into an 1176, silver face, set at 20:1 just to tame the peaks. The three of us sat at the console, and I believe we did about 5 or 6 takes. All of them amazing. We recorded to 2" 24 track analog of course (Studer), 3M 996 with dolby SR. It would have been transferred to Sony 3348 for archiving, and possible overdubs. But the song was shelved and never brought up again. I was pretty shocked, one of my favorite MJ songs of all time.
    Pretty magical at the time, my first vocal session with MJ, Bruce driving the ship, and Michael nailing every take perfectly sitting next to me. Tough to beat that !"

Snippets sound really good.

Here are download links to them

Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

i wouldnt pay 10 gs for any cd i dont care how many tracks are on it lol

Comment

For this? I'd pay any amount of money, if I could afford it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X