Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth (17 years later)

Story time..

A few weeks ago i was going through the reference section and realized that i don't own the Smooth album with the Pac featured song P.Y.T. on it. I've had the song on various mixtapes and collections and what not since about the time it was released, but i had never actually listened to the real album, just the one song.. i thought that the album must suck since no one ever talks about it and all that shit, but i figured that it's about time to have the real thing in my collection. So off i went to eBay and bought the album for a petty few bucks and some change for shipping and pretty much forgot about it the same second i logged off.

A few days ago the album dropped into my mailbox. I opened it, looked at it and felt cool for two seconds and then put it in the shelf to hang around with my 1500 other cd's and pretty much forgot all about it once again.

Earlier today i was going for a ride and decided to take a few cd's with me, like i always do. I went to the shelf and the Smooth album appeared in my radar again. I figured 'whattahell' and took it with me. I got to the car, put the cd in and a few seconds later i was smiling.

To me, hip hop died somewhere around the change of the millennium. The golden years were the 90's, especially 1993 - 1997 or so, and this album took me right back to that moment when i discovered my love for this genre. It's not the best album i've ever heard, but it's good, and i can't believe it took me 17 years to hear it.

To anyone else like me who never bothered, i recommend you take a trip back in time and buy this album from a time when hip hop music was still well alive and breathing.

For others, i'm sorry if i wasted your time with my boring story.
    Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
    Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

I never had a chance to listen to it and also PYT is probably the song i listened maybe 1-2 times.

I like what u wrote. Nice story.
    2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

i heard couple songs by smooth and they were all good.

any1 know the story behind "p.y.t"?was pac really in the studio with the GOAT or was it a copy/paste job?
      Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Agreed the whole album is tight its just got a great vibe, nice beats and raps and pyt is one of my worst tracks on the album
        My Current PC
        i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

still have to buy this album
          cover is dope
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

i recently got this album too,not given it a full spin yet. btw 1500 cd's that impressive! do you keep them on shelving or stored in boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
              i recently got this album too,not given it a full spin yet. btw 1500 cd's that impressive! do you keep them on shelving or stored in boxes?
              thanks! i got 12 of these tower shelves that hold about 180 cd's each all lined next to each other. together they hold over 2000 cd's and all my cd's are there. i got some dvd's and bluray's there too right now to fill the space, but there's still room to get more cd's, haha... my only regret is that i started collecting cd's, not vinyls..vinyls are so much cooler

Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
              Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

Comment

Originally posted by Pappa View Post
                thanks! i got 12 of these tower shelves that hold about 180 cd's each all lined next to each other. together they hold over 2000 cd's and all my cd's are there. i got some dvd's and bluray's there too right now to fill the space, but there's still room to get more cd's, haha... my only regret is that i started collecting cd's, not vinyls..vinyls are so much cooler

i respect that mentality.

i spend alot on cd's and dvd's, it's real good to see them all stacked on my shelves and its very rewarding to have the hard copies.

i used to download alot but i rarely download now. i have a few vinyls myself, it is too bad its pretty much dead technology.

Comment

I've had this album from ebay for years, and I can honestly say I never listened to another song on it besides "P.Y.T.". Maybe I will change that because of your topic lol

Comment

Originally posted by mat_turbo View Post
                    Agreed the whole album is tight its just got a great vibe, nice beats and raps and pyt is one of my worst tracks on the album
                    agreed.P.Y.T is boring.beat is wack and the lyrics dont do it for me also, pac has a very short wack verse.

did pac actually record that song with that lady or was it copy and paste job?
                    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Damm, cant understand ppl dont like pyt. Pacs short verse is so fucking awesome and far from wack lyrics.

Overall pretty dope album.

Comment

i gotta be honest i love pyt
                        sigpic

Comment

Still have to buy this album and some other where pac did a featuring, but now I'll probaby listen Smooth's album now
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
                            Damm, cant understand ppl dont like pyt. Pacs short verse is so fucking awesome and far from wack lyrics.

Overall pretty dope album.
                            it really is a dope verse

now tell me who's afraid of the young thugs
                            look how we came up from the gutter where we slung drugs
                            america eats its babies it's crazy
                            will somebody save me from this systematic slavery

Comment

Very good Album, i picked my one up for 50 Cents at a second hand store about 7 years ago here in Australia which was in good condition... It really is a great album

There is another one which she released after it too, it has a more rnb feel to it

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X