No announcement yet.

50 Cent To Release 5th Studio Album On July 3...With Or Without Label Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent To Release 5th Studio Album On July 3...With Or Without Label Support

While the much anticipated release of The Lost Tape has finally arrived, many fans are wondering if 50 still plans on releasing his 5th studio album in early July as previously announced.

In an interview with AllHipHop, the G-Unit general makes it clear that July 3 the album will be available for fans regardless of label support behind it.

“There’s a lot more business involved [in putting out an album] than the general public is aware of. And that part causes the actual delay with Interscope. I’m releasing my album July 3rd, whether is has commercial promotions or not. “My birthday is July 6 and I planned for it. And I’m doing everything that I planned to do regardless if its huge airplay or not. I could care less, I’m putting the record out.”

He said that the freedom from concerns of sales and business have helped him produce music closer to his heart.

“I don’t need a record to sell. How much money you think I’ma make off record sales? You think I’ma sell 13 million records?” Its starting to feel like that corner that I left,” 50 Cent explained, stressing that music’s ability to make money is now very limited. “I ain’t going to keep sitting on the records. Even if everything ain’t in order, album five will be out July 3 and they can wait another two years for me to give them another one.”

“I have new ideas so my passion for making the music hasn’t gone anywhere. That’s why I’m making music for free. The mixtape is for free unless DJ Drama is getting some paper I don’t know about. I need a piece of that paper,” 50 joked.

he can never beat GRODT
    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

anybody have link to the lost tape? is it a shelved album
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adoutlaw View Post
        anybody have link to the lost tape? is it a shelved album

Hazesilver posted it here http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread.php?t=57751

Comment

thanks man i missed it
          sigpic

Comment

I'll cop the album for sure.

Comment

Very surprising that he'll attempt to release an album without much promotion

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X