California Battle Rapper Tall T Gunned Down, Dead At 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Battle Rapper Tall T Gunned Down, Dead At 23

Northern California rapper Tall T was shot and killed on Tuesday (June 12) while sitting on a park bench in broad daylight, said reports. He was just 23.

According to local News 10, the rap up-and-comer (real name: Tyrone Franklin) was with his girlfriend at the Long Park in Stockton, Calif. when he was approached by the assailant and tapped on the shoulder. When Tall T turned around, the man shot and killed him.

Police have no suspect or motive for the murder as of press time.

His friends and family gathered at Sherwood Forest Park to mourn the late rapper, talking to news cameras about his aspirations as a rapper and friendly demeanor.

"There was never a moment when he wasn't smiling or laughing," friend Courtney McBride told News 10. "Tall stood out because of his style: Hollister clothing all the time, 80's style cardigans, the flat top."

Tall T's friends said that while he was mischievous growing up, he became a focused musician and devoted father; and had no connections to gangs or violent behavior.

"Everyone knew Tall and they all loved him," childhood friend Adrian AB Hogish said. "So, I don't know why someone would want to do this to him."

Tall T was planning the release of a new album this summer. His friends told News 10 they will make sure the LP is completed and subsequently released. The rapper was also known around the battle rap circuit, competing in various events, many of which can be seen on Youtube.
    Source

its like the third up-coming rapper to be gunned down in the past week. GreenL posted a news about the 19 years old gunned down. Thats fucked up . RIP

pretty fucked up world were living in..... r.i.p

Comment

yea hazesilver i was just gonna say the same thing that's 3 rappers killed within the last week or two getting pretty crazy RIP 2 them all

Comment

never heard of him but RIP

who are the other two that got killed?i missed it.
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X