Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Says a Lost Tape with Eminem is Possible [Video]

50 Cent Interview with Nessa From WiLD 94.9

From the title of the thread I was under the impression that this could be possible, but after watching the interview I now feel it's imposable. He said they would never record a album together, but they have a albums worth of unreleased material. Fifty would release the material in a heart beat if he could, either through a retail release or a mix tape. Only problem is Eminem and Interscope would never go for it. I don't see Interscope giving away Eminem songs for free on a mix tape, and I can bet Eminem feels the same way. As far as a retail release I don't see that happening either, because that would entail pulling the old songs out and reworking them and mixing them down, spending money on promtion for what? a album of unreleased songs? Interscope would never go for it. I don't see Eminem interested in doing that especially considering he's usually working on new stuff. I believe Eminem has no interest in dusting off some old unreleased tracks with him and 50. I can remember though back in '03 right after GRODT came out there was a rumor that they were going to do a album together. That would have been pretty dope back then but now, not so much now.

The whole, holding the headphones in the interview thing is pretty douchey.
    The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
      From the title of the thread I was under the impression that this could be possible, but after watching the interview I now feel it's imposable. He said they would never record a album together, but they have a albums worth of unreleased material. Fifty would release the material in a heart beat if he could, either through a retail release or a mix tape. Only problem is Eminem and Interscope would never go for it. I don't see Interscope giving away Eminem songs for free on a mix tape, and I can bet Eminem feels the same way. As far as a retail release I don't see that happening either, because that would entail pulling the old songs out and reworking them and mixing them down, spending money on promtion for what? a album of unreleased songs? Interscope would never go for it. I don't see Eminem interested in doing that especially considering he's usually working on new stuff. I believe Eminem has no interest in dusting off some old unreleased tracks with him and 50. I can remember though back in '03 right after GRODT came out there was a rumor that they were going to do a album together. That would have been pretty dope back then but now, not so much now.

Well seems you summed it up pretty good lol i have yet to watch the video but eminem has released many tracks on mixtapes back in the day but never lately so it does seem as this won't happen but ya never know someday maybe

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        Well seems you summed it up pretty good lol i have yet to watch the video but eminem has released many tracks on mixtapes back in the day but never lately so it does seem as this won't happen but ya never know someday maybe

True he has appeared on mix tapes in the past, but 99% of those songs were recorded specifically for that particular mix tape. For example the Green Lantern material. Those songs are mix tape freestyle type tracks, as opposed to recordings that were made during the making of a retail album. But like you said he hasn't messed with a mix tape in a long time and I don't think he has any plans of changing that.
        The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post

Exactly why Interscope doesn't release a new 2pac album or all eyez on us on itunes or amazon. They are being cheap. They are the main problem, not amaru and klockwork. Wideawake could put out their album since they are not affiliated with interscope but they do not have the funds to do so. If you can't pay Amaru then there is no greenlight from anybody lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Exactly why Interscope doesn't release a new 2pac album or all eyez on us on itunes or amazon. They are being cheap. They are the main problem, not amaru and klockwork. Wideawake could put out their album since they are not affiliated with interscope but they do not have the funds to do so. If you can't pay Amaru then there is no greenlight from anybody lol
            Well from all outward appearances I would have to agree that Interscope does appear cheap, but I think also the climate in the music industry has changed dramatically over the past several years which has caused Interscope to implement a lot of changes, and one of the main one's being tighten the reins on their checkbook. Gone are the days of 5 million dollar album budgets, today most artist would be lucky to see 10% of that. And Interscope only rolls out the red carpet for it's cream of the crop artists like, Eminem or Lady Gaga, and even their sales are less then stellar these days. Back when a Eminem album was almost guaranteed to sell 5-10 million copy's, Interscope had no problem spending 5-10 million to promote it because they knew they could make 40-60 million back. And making 40-60 million on a 5-10 million dollar investment is a pretty sweet profit margin. But now a days Interscope is only making 5-10 million in profit on a Eminem or lady Gaga album and probably far less on some of their more unknown artists. So the big budgets aren't there anymore. It's a numbers game. And with Interscope (and Jimmy Iovine specifically) a lot has to do with your track record too. If your last album didn't sell well, don't expect Iovine to have any plans on putting out your next album any time soon.

Iovine dropped Death Row records, and a lot of other labels and artist so he has no qualms about basically dropping any Interscope involvement with Tupac material. The last Pac album that Interscope was involved with was Pac's Life (and that was really only because Tom Whalley personally got involved), and well, that album didn't sell that well. So I think at that point Interscope pretty much washed their hands of any involvement with a Pac Album. But I guess you never know, if Jimmy thinks there is a dollar to be made then he might get involved, but I doubt it. Besides I think Iovine would rather sign a new artist that he can rape then throw away, rather then the one's that he already did.

Jimmy Iovine said once in a interview that he is always looking for the next Eminem, the next Gaga, the next 50 cent. Seems like he's trying to make the next big star, as oppose to consecrating his attention on some of the already well known one's.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X