Tech N9ne's 2006 Single, 'Caribou Lou,' Goes Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech N9ne's 2006 Single, 'Caribou Lou,' Goes Gold

This week, Tech N9ne's "Caribou Lou" earned its gold certification, six years after appearing on the indie superstar's critically acclaimed Everready (The Religion), which dropped in 2006. According to SoundScan, the single has sold 501,503 copies to date.

"It's a wonderful accomplishment to have a gold record," Tech said of the accomplishment. "My fans are the reason this happened and I can't thank them enough. To know that they love my music and continue to support what I create is truly a beautiful thing."

The gold certification is among an array of accomplishments earned by Tech N9ne. The Strange Music co-founder was named one of Billboard Magazine's Top Urban Power Players of 2012, alongside hip-hop moguls such as Cash Money Records' Birdman and Slim, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z and Magic Johnson, among others.

This year, Tech N9ne's historic "Hostile Takeover 2012" tour included 90 shows in 99 days, making it the longest consective tour in hip-hop's history. In terms of ticket sales, Pollstar's Mid-Year ranking, of the Top 100 Worldwide Tours, puts Tech N9ne as being #95. Of the entire list, he is one of the three MCs, behind only Drake and Pitbull.

To date, Tech as sold sold nearly 2 million albums independently. Follow him on Twitter @TechN9ne.
    Source

i'm not surprised. that whole album is awesome, not just one track

Comment

well-deserved im a fan. Hes music is bänging !

Comment

Not my fav track but he deserved it. I guess getting him on the Alpha Dog soundtrack also brought him closer to this.
        www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
        www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
        www.facebook.com/LilProphet
        www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X