Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL: Pitbull Repays Internet Prankster Back By Making Him Fly Out To An Alaskan Walma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL: Pitbull Repays Internet Prankster Back By Making Him Fly Out To An Alaskan Walma

Pitbull proved he could take a joke recently when an internet prankster figured out a way to get him to appear at a Walmart in Kodiak, Alaska.

Walmart held a contest where the location with the most Facebook "likes" would win a visit from the Miami rapper. When David Thorpe, writer for Something Awful and the Boston Phoenix found out about the contest he hatched a plot to get Pitbull to visit a Walmart in Kodiak, Alaska -- population 6100.

According to Buzzfeed, Thorpe started spreading the word on Twitter using the hashtag #ExilePitbull. Soon the location had over 60,000 new likes making it the winner of the contest.
    Not only did Pitbull show he was a good sport by showing up at the event, but he made a video talking about it and paid Thorpe's way so he could also attend.

“I heard that Kodiak, Alaska, has the most likes due to someone who thinks he was playing a prank,” Pitbull said in the video. “I said, ‘Okay, great, this sounds really good.’ You have to understand I will go anywhere in the world for my fans. So I wanna thank Walmart for the opportunity. And with that said I wanna invite that someone who thinks that it's a joke to Kodiak, Alaska with me."

During his Kodiak visit on Monday, Pitbull received a key to the city from Kodiak Mayor Pat Branson, who donned a pair of the sunglasses similar to the rapper's trademark shades, according to the New York Daily News.

He also performed and took pictures with fans.

I don't like him but this is real cool of him!

Comment

Yea he was definitely a good sport to go out there and do that for them

Comment

Yes cool from him i like his music

Comment

hate his music .. but i respect that he went thru with it .. good for him

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X