Missy Elliott Had 'No Clue' About Upcoming Posthumous Aaliyah Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missy Elliott Had 'No Clue' About Upcoming Posthumous Aaliyah Album

News surfaced recently of an upcoming posthumous album from the late Aaliyah, helmed by Drake, producer Noah "40" Shebib, and Blackground Records.

There was some controversy over whether Drizzy was actually "commanding" the album or not, like he told Much Music recently. Blackground owners (Aaliyah's cousin Jomo Hankerson and her uncle Barry Hankerson), however, have come forward to confirm his statements.

In an interview with Billboard.biz, Hankerson explained that Drake has come aboard as a co-executive producer, alongside himself, and 40. He also revealed that longtime Aaliyah collaborators, Timbaland and Missy Elliott, would be involved as well.

"I can tell you that Timbaland will definitely be involved, Missy will definitely be involved," he told Billboard. "One of the records that we had that was never released was a Missy record that we obviously are going to be refreshing."

Despite Hankerson's claims, Missy recently revealed that she had no clue the project was even in the works, when she fielded a question from a fan. When asked about her participation in the Aaliyah LP, the female rap vet told one fan that she was in the dark. "I had no clue there was one no 1 told me," Missy tweeted (@MissyElliott).

Timbaland also offered his opinion, as well, telling NYC's Power 105.1 both he and Missy should be heavily involved in the album's process. "The proper way for him to do that would be for me, him, and Missy to be all on the record,” Timbo declared.

So far, the first offering from the all-new Aaliyah record is the Drake-assisted "Enough Said", which was released last week to mixed reviews. It incited outrage from Aaliyah fans, who felt Missy and Timbaland should have been involved.

wtf all these people doing with all this big legacys from death artists? Its looks like a sport to fuck it up lol and always take the steps the fans dont like.

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
      wtf all these people doing with all this big legacys from death artists? Its looks like a sport to fuck it up lol and always take the steps the fans dont like.

yes antoher move to get more money, a death artits ppl like this and buy it, if you do something, it must be carefully considered because it is about dead artists, but...I would be happy when come a new "mix" album of Aaliyah

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X