No announcement yet.

Cash Money Records Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst Admits The Band Fans Have Moved On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Money Records Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst Admits The Band Fans Have Moved On

Birdman is going to have to look elsewhere for a new alternative rock band because only 6 months after inking a deal with Cash Money Records, Limp Bizkit sounds like they are done. Well, they haven't exactly quit making music, but front man Fred Durst admits in a recent interview that the band's fans have moved on.

So what's the point of putting out an album nobody will buy? Birdman hasn't built his record empire by releasing albums from has-beens, it's doubtful he'll start now.

Here's what Fred had to say about his band when asked about touring according to Metal Injection.

“We don’t play back home. We’ve boycotted America for many years now. I don’t know, I just don’t wanna go out like that. We did a few radio shows in 2010 for a friend and that was it. We haven’t properly toured America since 2006.

The reason? We just don’t know what’s going on in America. It’s all about the new catchy thing and that’s always changing. America is driven by record sales. It’s the home of corporations. We’re just Limp Bizkit, so we don’t know how to do anything but Limp Bizkit.

But here’s the deal: say in 2000, there were 35 million people who connected to this band. Twelve years later, lots of those people have moved on. We were a moment in time and it’s over.”

We were a moment in time and it’s over
    There's some truth in that statement, but they aren't making good records. Their first two albums were decent and then they got real shitty. Even the hardcore fans probably don't wanna hear their new stuff. They fell off.

Comment

i never even knew they were signed.. lol.. wtf

Comment

Biggest mistake signing to cash money because now, they will go nowhere but down. Times change.

Comment

Hes right and this has been true for sometime. Didn't know they were signed to cssh money.
          Love.

Comment

Didnt Know They Were Signed.Never Listened To Their Stuff But I Remember "N2gether Now", "Break Stuff", "Rollin´".
            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X