Tech N9ne Signs Atlanta Rapper Rittz To Strange Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech N9ne Signs Atlanta Rapper Rittz To Strange Music

Tech N9ne's Strange Music imprint continues to grow, adding yet another act to its roster: rising rapper Ritt.

Introduced to Rittz by Yelawolf, Tech N9ne was impressed by the rapper's delivery, vocal clarity and ability to rock a crowd. Since that initial meeting the indie rap juggernaut made signing the rapper a priority with his business partner, Travis O’Guin.

"I went to one of his shows in Nashville and I was like, 'Damn,' " Tech recalls. "It was so good that I had to say, 'Trav, we've got to see what we can do about this. His name is Rittz, White Jesus.' "

After making music for several years, Rittz got his big break in 2010 when he was featured on Yelawolf's "Box Chevy" single. His standout performance earned him legions of underground fans and he was re-energized... and was looking for something to spark the next phase of his career.

His subsequent White Jesus and White Jesus: Revival mixtapes earned near him critical, and his affiliation with Yelawolf and the Slumerican family helped set the stage for Rittz's place as the newest member of Strange Music.

"This is a big deal that I finally got here and to be able to work with Strange," Rittz says. "I'm so excited. I'm just ready to make some great music, man. I can't wait."

Rittz will appear with Yelawolf on the Slumerican Tour, which kicks off September 13 at Crossroads in Huntsville, Alabama and is scheduled to conclude November 17 at Wild Bills in Atlanta.

Rittz's Strange Music debut album is slated to drop in 2013.

Damn, well thats dope, congratz to Rittz, i feel like yelawolf should have, or even should sign with Strange Music, as much as i love eminem but Shady Records ain't a place for Yela.

Comment

Never heard of the guy but he has character.
      "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Re: Tech N9ne Signs Atlanta Rapper Rittz To Strange Music

He fits in well

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x with Tapatalk 2
        www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
        www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
        www.facebook.com/LilProphet
        www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...